Can egyptian Christian man do divorce in Egypt without wife

Hi,my husband says he will divorce me next month when he goes back home to egypt for holiday,is this possible for him to do this without me their,i am British we married at register office and done papers at British embassy,he has took all our marriage papers so I have none and cant do divorce here, so just wondering if it is possible for him to do it over their without me knowing.also I just found out last week after an operation I can't have any more kids unless I get ivf,i want another baby n want to go to egypt to do this so that both my kids have same characteristics n they will both have egyptian in them does anyone know if egypt have sperm donors and is this possible to do this whilst still married or do I need to wait till were divorced,my husband has used me for visa to study and treated me and my son so bad for 6 years

Hi Bombshell,

Please note that we moved your post on the Egypt Forum for better interactions :)

Thank you

Maximilien

I'm maybe not much of help for you but I can say this:

IVF in the arabic world is not allowed for women who are single (never married,  divorced or widowed). So if you have plans to go through this procedure in Egypt after your divorce, you can forget it.

After the divorce,  your future ex husband comes back to England or he will stay in Egypt?
I am not sure but maybe it's possible to get a divorce in England too without the original papers.  Get information at your cityhall and ask what to do.

If you believe that he used you for visa,  and you can prove it, you can report him by the immigration and they will investigate it.

Wish you all the best and take care.

Thanks for your reply,oh I didn't know that about ivf in Egypt just wanted both my kids to kind of look the same n at least be born from same origin oh well just need to try find egyptian donor over here then,he will stay in UK now as is finally doing his study over here that's the real reason he wanted over here he used me for visa for this and not that I can no longer be of any use to him he goes after I help n pay n support him through everything,he wnt go back to egypt coz of our son.