Help Picking a School

Bonjour,
We are moving to Bordeaux this summer and need help with schools!  We will be living in Les Chartrons quartier.  We are looking for a middle school (college) and a primary school.  Any recommendations?  Private or public?  Do you know of Montgolfier or Bagueliere?  Or Saint Louis Saint Therese?  Any help would be great. We would love to be able  to walk to school if possible.
Thank you in advance,
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks!  Do you know of anyone that could help guide us on schools?  Not sure if that many people have seen my post?

Hi Stephanie,

I just joined and saw your post.  Are you still looking for schools?  Have you arrived in Bordeaux?  I have a daughter who will be 3 this summer and I just went through the process of registering her for the public school.  Yet another example of the baffling French bureaucracy.  We live in the bastide, on the other side of the river from Chartrons.  I would be happy to do a bit of research for you if you still need it.

Hi Jeff,

That is such a nice offer!  Thank you so much.  We are tentatively thinking about Balguerie for our youngest -- and St. Therese for our middle school child.  Is there any chance you can get some feedback on either of these schools?  We cannot find anyone that has feedback on St. Therese.  It is a private school close to our house.

What experience did you have registering your 3 year old? 

Thanks so much,
Stef