Filipina Fiance applicant for marriage visa in germany :)

Feel free to post your questions or help other applicants be informed about everything regarding fiance visa :)

I just want to ask.. Do i need my papers authenticated by dfa??

Hello guys....i have some questions

I have a German Fiance residing in Vilseck Germany and by next year January he is planning to come and visit me in Philippines..we even plan to marry by next year because he wanted me to come with him in germany staying for good.

#Do i need to marry him first before getting a visa?

#what kind of visa should i apply for?

i'm looking forward for your advise,comments or suggestions regarding for my entry visa...thank you..

Please read the various other threads about marriage formalities and visas in Germany. Most of your concerns have already been addressed there.
Since the buerocratic hurdles for marrying a foreigner in Germany are high (it took a friend of mine 6 months and several thousand Euros in fees to get all paperwork together to marry his Singaporean girlfriend - despite them already living together in Germany), I recommend you marry elsewhere, get the certificate legalised at the nearest German embassy and then approved by the German authorities of your husband's town of residence in Germany.

Hi Ann29,

Do you mean, when applying fiance visa? Papers authenticated by DFA is not necessary when you are still applying . I've heard from a friend, that after the marriage in germany ,that would be the time, you need your important papers to be aunthenticated.

Hi Jenluft :),

You have 2 choices, either you 2 will get marry in the Phl or in Germany. If you choice the phl, then after the marriage, you can apply the Family Reunion Visa or (Spouse visa). But if you choose the marriage to happen in germany, then you have to apply the Fiance visa or (Marriage Visa in Germany)

Friendly advise :D...I would prefer for you guys to have the marriage in the PHl, and that visa processing wont take too long, unlike the Fiance Visa or the Visa to get married in Germany.. The approval would take approximately 2 months, since the day you are interviewed at the embassy .While in the Fiance visa, you still need to wait, like forever :)).. Same in my case, seemed like, i am one of those unlucky applicant,  for i have waited 8 months since i started the first step..Puhhhh.

Thank you. My other papers is already authenticated by dfa .

Gelux1990...thank you so much for great response..

Could it be possible also if the guy who will be the one to process my visa from his own country?...
Coz, my fiance is going to take a leave from work next week to inquire for info about getting or applying a visa for me....and it's my wish i could help him on how and what to do....coz both of us doesn't have any ideas About this visa processing...

#thank you...hope everyone could understand

Hello Jenluft,

You're welcome, :)..As long as i have an answer to your question, i will help you as much as i can... But i am not totally familiar about everything.I will only share those thing's i had been through, and that help you with some information.

Regarding about, (your fiance who will be the one to process the visa in his own country).I think, it is not possible. That's why we have the German Embassy in manila, to process our papers, and give us the approval for us to allow to enter germany.

Okay, this would help you if ever you 2 decide to get married in germany.You have to advise your partner to visit the nearest Standesamt (registry office). There, he can ask the requirement you have to compile.. Again, it will take a long time before you 2 can be together in one country. Maybe he can also ask there about the requirements to marry a filipina in her country

Where as, if marriage will happen in phl, you dont have to wait for 4-8 months before you get an approved visa...

But hey other thing.. Have you had your A1 Certificate already? Because one of germany's visa requirement is to have the A1 Certificate as a proof that you have been studied and passed the first level of german language :).If you have'nt yet attended a german course.Then better talk about that with your fiance, so that while waiting for the documents to get completed, you are studying the german course at the same time....:)

Hi Ann 29,

then much better :)... Mas maganda yung nakahanda na. Goodluck

Thank u i hope. I have all the needed papers for fiancee visa

Is my visa depends what date my fiancee give in the embassy??

Hi Jenluft,

Okay, you have to kind of visa to choose for..Whether, getting married first in the phl, or get married in germany. If you guys get married in the Phl, then you are going to apply, Family/ Reunion Visa, which  usually take 2 months since you have the interview at the embassy. Unlike the Fiance visa or what we called, the marriage visa in germany, that takes like forever haha.Kidding..In my case it took 9 months since the very beginning,where my fiance forwarded my papers tpo the Standesamt :). Not that long huh?? :D

Hope this lil infos could help. God Bless, and GOODLUCk

Thank you  so much...we are planning about the marraige by january...

Hi just want to ask if  there is any agency here in germany that process working permits. There is one friend of mine working in cyprus and asking help. Pls anyone knows any agency thanks..😊

Hi, anybody here who had experienced to take A1 exam by self-study only? I mean..was not in Göethe Inst.

Hi, anybody here who had experienced to take A1 exam by self-study only? I mean..was not in Göethe Inst.
Hallo i try to learn german on my own then. Bit it is so hard when you just study it alone because when you take up a1 exam it has 4 parts reading,writing , hearing and speaking. In german language they ise this letters üöä they have there own pronounciation. And they have also other style of writing a letter. I think it ist much better to enrol in a german class than to study alone. Yes i know it is expensive bit you know you will have a good background with there language

Hallo.. Ich bin wieder hier :)
At the Moment,im here in Germany..it's my 3rd time with Schengen Visa.We(Me and My Bf) are about to plan to get marry next year here in Germany.This coming december he will come to Philippines to celebrate xmas and new year with my Family and We will start to look for the requirements for marriage visa.1 of the Requirement is A1 Certificate,My Bf believed that i can pass the exam although im only doing self-study with Internet.Because sometimes at the Restaurant,at the Supermarket , at the laundry shop..i can talk a bit with the peoples there with German.i can understand a bit and speak a bit too but i am really not sure if i can really pass the exam.i tried this link goethe.de/lrn/prj/pba/bes/ft1/mat/enindex.htm to do a practice with A1 exam and i got perfect score with Hören and Lesen :)

Ach so du bist jetzt momentan in deutschland  wieso nicht in deutschland diese prufung haben wenn du bist schon da

why not taking a1 exam in Germany when you already there i think  its much cheaper also

eileme wrote:

At the Moment,im here in Germany..it's my 3rd time with Schengen Visa.We(Me and My Bf) are about to plan to get marry next year here in Germany.This coming december he will come to Philippines to celebrate xmas and new year with my Family and We will start to look for the requirements for marriage visa.1 of the Requirement is A1 Certificate,My Bf believed that i can pass the exam although im only doing self-study with Internet.Because sometimes at the Restaurant,at the Supermarket , at the laundry shop..i can talk a bit with the peoples there with German.i can understand a bit and speak a bit too but i am really not sure if i can really pass the exam.i tried this link goethe.de/lrn/prj/pba/bes/ft1/mat/enindex.htm to do a practice with A1 exam and i got perfect score with Hören and Lesen :)

i think you have the option to be exempted by the A1...in replacement for that in your interview you will communicate in german language (http://www.manila.diplo.de/contentblob/ … wledge.pdf)

you may inquire thru [email protected] 

hey guys,
im actually going through the same at the moment. Self studying for the A1 which is on the 19th of september and really hoping to pass, hoping the application process wont take so long, and wont be as complicated!

Hello!
Good day!
I really need your advices :(  i am planning to apply for family reunion visa this sept. Can u give me an updated requirements list?
1. Do i need to have a 2 orignal copy of nso & cenomar?
2. Do i need to authenticate it first in dfa?
3. And is it okay that to show to them.the photo copy of the documents of my fiance?
4. Is it okay that some of my papers are in short bond paper not in A4 size?

By the way i am pregnant and the german embassy said to my fiance i need to apply for family reunion visa

I need you advice pls.

Thank u so so so much guys and godbless!

For a family reunion visa, you need the marriage certificate, preferably legalized by the German embassy, and a certified translation if it is not in German.
For procedures and formalities, please ask at the German embassy.

eileme wrote:

Hi,

I have thought the same thing like you before. Make a self study and no need to go to a Deustchkurs, but later, i realized that it was'nt so easy as what i have in mind,. I salute you for being so patient with that self study option. Well, as what i have gathered or learned from my german class before, it would be more advantage to learn it there. You'll know everything about the basic method, which you need to learn first to proceed to a more harder thing without many question and confusion. From the arrangement of the verb subject and stuff, to building a phrase out of it and many more.. Its always nice to learn something that start from the beginning.

One more advantage about taking deutschkurs,is that you can have the ideas that surely comes out in the exam.You can get focus with it, and only have to study certain things . While in self study, you dont have the exact part which one will come out. So tendency,you study everything on the book that can later make you confuse.Let's say, you have the experienced. But the question is, would that answer and question you have used there, will be the one to come out in the exam?.Just like in writing exam which will be part of the category for A1 examination.. Could you build a letter, using the stuff given on the quetionnaire? are you sure, you can answer them based on your experiences ?could you arrange them properly, as what the given wanted you to follow? Its not bad to choose the self study option, who would'nt want that? in that way, we can save and dont have to spend money for deutschkurs. But, this A1 certificate is part of the Marriage visa, so once we cant have this thing as what we have expected on our target date, the process will be affected, and would even waste the time you have invested for long and the money you have spend for the examnination..

Its all up to you....This is just an opinion, based on my observation. I have don that stage and now finally in germany and going to take the next level.Goodluck!!

mzbee wrote:

hey guys,
im actually going through the same at the moment. Self studying for the A1 which is on the 19th of september and really hoping to pass, hoping the application process wont take so long, and wont be as complicated!

Hi mzbee,

Goodluck for the exam..I salute you for being so patient with your self study option.Btw, already aware about the 4 different kinds of examination? It includes Writing, Reading, Hearing and Speaking... You have to practice writing an email, based on the given information on the questionnaire. You have to understand the conversation you heard from the audio, and figure out the answer from it, in hearing exam. In speaking, you have to speak in front of the examineer based on the card you have picked from them. (this one is not so easy)..Would have been an advantage to go to a germankurs and have an idea what it looks like on the exam and how you can answer it. But well, i trust you about that,So goodluck and God bless.

Oh and about the process..SOme will be lucky, some are not.In my case i have waited 9 months since from the beginning of the application. Including the 6 months of waiting from the day of my interview at the embassy.. But believe me, everything worth the wait in the end. .And being with the person you love is like receiving a gift you could'nt ask for anything anymore. Again, Goodluck!!!

hey , thanks for your response, i intend to take a preparation course which is like 4 days, just to help show how to tackle the exams, well, lets see how it goes, think i can only respond sufficiently once i know the results.
Also thanks for your response about my other concern, wow 9 months is almost an entire year, well, i guess i will have to practise patience, thanks for that. When did you go for your interview?

Hello
my bf and i are almost 3yrs as bf/gf.so Pls let Us know what r the requirements needed?we r planning to get married next yr?and which is better to get married .in Phil's or Germany?.thank u so much.

Hi pls let me know the list of fiancee visa requiremnts thanks

Jantinal: Please read the posts on this and similar threads - your questions have already been answered there.

Hi Mzbee,

i went for an interview last november. Visa got approved on may.! but we already waited for 4 months before we can procee and have the interview at the embassy.

Hi Jastinai,

Well, we are not satisfied even we check out the requirements on the site. So i'll give you few info's about it. First moved we did,my Fiance went to the Standesamt. Ask about the requirements about the marriage visa with a filipina., The standesamt then, gave him the list of requirements for the the filipina fiance, which includes (NSO.Birth Cerificate, CENOMAR,Form 137 from elementary school, Baptismal, (CErtificate of Singleness, Cetificate of Marriage Liscense if you are 24 or 25 above, or Parent's Consent if you are 18-22 ). You can usually get that stuff from the municipality where you were born and dont forget to have a notary from the Atty.  But please, follow  whatever the requirements your fiance going to give you ok? i just mentioned the requirements i had before but that does'nt mean you have to follow mine., Its just for you to aware and have an idea about it if ever you encounter that on your list.,

After the requirements got completed, you're going to send it to your fiance in Germany through LBC( takes approximately 5 working days). As soon as your fiance received it,he can then pass it to the standesamt. The standesamt will give you confirmation when to make an appointment for the Embassy Interview. So while waiting for that, someone will come over to your place maybe after 2 months to have a background check. Its either ask your neighbors about you or go directly to your home when there are lacking stuff, just like mine before.. My form 137 doesÄnt have a principal Signature, so the she went to our home, asked me about personal info, and we went together to me elementary school.

This thing really need much patience. So expect for the worst and hope for the best.Goodluck, and God Bless!

Oh and other thing. Based on my observation, i think, it would be better to have the marriage in the PHL. Why? the visa processing will only take 2 months since the day of the interview. Not as hassle as the one for the fiance or the Marriage visa in germany.Save money when it comes to the wedding expenses..

And by that time,. you have to apply, the Reunion or Family VIsa!

Gekux1990
okie dokie!

meanwhile, let me continue practising how to write formal and informal letters/ birthday invites:)

heeey, just got my A1 results and i really passed. just trying to encourage those yet to do theirs, especially the self studying students, it is possible!!
Im going to the embassy for the family reunion visa on Monday, now lets see how that other bit goes :):)

Hello.. Paki-share naman ng sample ng exam please . im gonna take exam also by next month or november,but im doing self study too . How easy is it or difficult ? thanks

Hi eileme > Can you please write your entire message in English so that everyone can understand and help you. Thank you.

Okay Im sorry :) I'm just asking her to share about the examination with A1,Is it Difficult or a litle bit easy? .. I hope she will tell something about her experience :)

hey eileme,
the A 1 exam isn't so hard.its doable.
I used to do alot of practice daily,I used to get sample exams from the net.I also had some books,miteinander by hueber and the schritte international books which were very useful.I also realized I wasn't so good at letter writing so I practised alot.youtube has good examples.for sprechen,youtube again has sample topics that are usually asked.I went through most of them.so I would say practice is what helped me which will help you too.hope I answered your question:)

Hello .. Please give me a litle tip for Schreiben. How is it ? Do you have to make your own Paragraph? (such like Invitation Letter)  or you have to make an Answer base on the Questionaire? thanks a lot.. Im excited to take A1 :)