Looking for help with clothing business in Bangkok

Hi, I have a business exporting clothing from Thailand to Australia and other parts of the world, and I need someone to help me with collection and postage. I realise this is something that potentially falls within the banned jobs list for foreigners, but I'm hoping that perhaps someone on here knows a Thao local who could do with some extra work once or twice a week to begin with, and perhaps more often down the track.

If you know of anyone who may be available to collect orders from Baiyoke (no more than 30 kilos at a time for now), conduct a qualty and accuracy check (i.e. no poorly stitched items, the right sizes, colours and designs etc.) and then take to a Thailand Post office to mail directly to end customers in various countries, I would love to hear from you. I'll pay a flat fee or hourly rate to be negotiated, as well as a bonus amount per item.

I am on Thailand until Monday 16th March and can be reached on 097 207 2745 before 8pm that evening, or [email protected] after that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Tristram

My advices to you are :

1- Source a supplier and carry out a quality audit. This online whosalers said they carry a full quality control inspection with more details in their website. However only an audit or some check done by yourself can confirm it.

2- Delivery : your business is based in Autralia not in Thailand, you can not rely on somebody which is not from your company if you dont want to loose your customer and the parcel lost without traceability or paper filled in wrongly

3- Use reliable delivery company ( ems, ups, dhl, fedex, tnt,...), to be fast, efficient, and they can deal with all papers necessary for custom clerance as you said you are sending them in various country, or your parcels can be ceased by the custom, and it will not be the "anonymous" sender who will deal with this matter and foreign customs.
This online wholesalers like anyothers propose shipping service as their customers are overseas.

PS : I can not see a people carrying a 30kg box on a motorbike, even if they can ride it with whole family

Im sure my thai wife would like to help as she needs a job
Regards
Alf cooper

Hi Alf

That sounds great. Can you give me an enabling address also I can send you some more details of what I need to be done?  Or you can write to me at [email protected] or call me before Monday evening on 097 207 2745 and we can discuss it further.

Thanks

Tristram

Hi cthierrymk

Thanks for your reply and great advice. I agree that it is much better to use a cargo company when the quantities are bigger but they charge far too much for small parcels, so for now I have to use the service that makes it all profitable.

I also agree that it is much better to employ someone full-time, but this is a new way of doing things and so the quantities are too small to justify that expense at the moment.

The weight of the delivery will be smaller to start with and if it gets to be as much as 30 kilos ten I think you are right about it being too hard to carry on a motorcycle so I will make the collections more frequent instead.

I do appreciate your feedback, and will bear it in mind.

Thanks

Tristram

Hi,

As half said i'm sure i can find someone on my wife's familly to help you with this.

Hi,

My wife and i have tried to email you but your email address seems to be invalid :/

Best regards

TB

Hello,

I amgonna set up a fashion label and will have the same issue when i also want to export some things.I will definitly will let my ideas and creations make in Asia (small factory cause i am a starter ) I will start with small quantities to begin with.That's why i go and see a lawyer in Bangkok.To make sure i follow the law correctly.I don't know yet if i will set up my business in Thailand or back home.(i will sell to begin with online and later on i will see ) If i will set up my fashionlabel in Thailand then i will need a seemstress and pattern maker or i will go to factory ..but when i also want to export or sell clothing from Thailand i will have the same issue :) Good reactions here !

Hello!

I would like to inquire if you are still accepting applications for this position.
I live near Pratunam and have experience in helping  oversea shop owner like this.

Thank you in advance for considering my application.
Best regards.
Ploy

Hi,

Just incase i need help on this matter later on ..can you send me your contact info and what exactly you can help with?

Kind regards,

Carina

Hi Carina

I have had a few respondents who can help me, as you have seen.  My operation is starting very small and the current solution won't be very scalable once I grow, but it's ideal for now.  I will get someone local to Pratunam in Bangkok (where my wholesale suppliers are) to collect my orders and post them to my customers wherever they happen to be in the world.  eventually I will ship larger quantities to distribution centres in each continent, but for now it's simplest and quickest to send directly to them from Bangkok.  My rep will check the quality of the shirts, and make sure the order is filled correctly (deigns, colours and sizes), so that I keep errors and returns to a minimum.

It could be worthwhile employing someone full-time to do this for me in the interim, so if you email me at [email protected] I can keep you up to date with developments.

Best regards

Tristram

Hi Ploy

I have spoken with someone who wants to do this for me, but I have to delay the start of this now for about 5 weeks and I am not sure if she will wait that long.  If you give me your email address, or write to me at [email protected] we can discuss what I need done and what I am paying/what you are wanting to be paid.

Many thanks

Tristram

Hi TB

I'm not sure why you have had trouble emailing me, but it may be something to do with the fact that this site strips out the 'at' symbol of an a in a circle.  If you write to me at [email protected] it will get through to me so long as you use the 'at' symbol in place of the [at].  It would be good to hear from you.

Best regards

Tristram

Hi  Tristram,

I am still interested to this job. I am outside for a job now and not convenient to reply in detail.
I will get back to you soon.
Thank you.

Ploy

Hi all,

For any job seeking or job hunting, please post your ad in the Jobs section > Jobs in Bangkok.

This is the appropriate way to proceed.

We will now close this thread as the forum is mostly for expat's exchanges of experiences.

Thank you for your comprehension.
Marjorie

Closed