Life in Canada

Hello. Am I sure to get a job if I move to Canada? And what about accomodation and the cost of living?

Thanks.

zetapsy wrote:

Hello. Am I sure to get a job if I move to Canada? And what about accomodation and the cost of living?

Thanks.

Welcome.

Whilst waiting for members to reply, look at the forum categories list on the right hand side of this page, select a topic and read the informative posts there.

I usually do not bother answering this kind of question. Its pretty generic. @zetapsy for your benefit, pls be more specific in the future and do more of your own homework before asking this general question.

Thank you for replying to my post @stumpy and @philipyeo.

I have fair qualifications but little working experience only in the banking sector, which of course, will be much different in a foreign country. I just want to know how easy/difficult is it to get a job in Canada, not necessarily in the banking field.

Best regards.

@zetapsy, to be fair, jobs are scarce in Canada itself as more and more menial jobs are being outsourced to other countries where the labour force is cheaper than the west. As such, basic finance jobs like over the counter, financial adviser, marketing, etc (basically foot soldiers) are given to locals preferably. Furthermore jobs in the banking sector can vary tremendously. Until and unless you have a skill set that is hard to come by (normally if you have had special additional training or a specialized masters degree for it with added work experience), its very hard for you to be offered a job while you are back in your home country. I know someone who did get an offer while still in Ireland, because she has a specific skill set that is hard to come by amongst the locals here which is offshore hedge fund management. So little things like this matters. Realistically speaking, you are better off enrolling in a masters degree in a Canadian university and then when finish, find for a job using the work visa that is extended for a immigrant that just graduated from a Canadian university.

All the best!

@philipyeo That was very enlightening sir. Thank you  :)