A British Expatriate Looking for a job around Kl

Hi fellow expats

I am a British expatriate that has lived an worked in Malaysia for the past 2years unfortunately my contract has come to an end and I  am now seeking new employment I have a valid work permit as well.

I am looking for anything in sales / marketing maybe even customer service at a senior level.

Please do let me know if you know of any companies currently recruiting.

Many thanks

Hi Hanna,

Could you share more about your experience and degree.. you can send me those details in a Private message if you wish

Kindest regards

Hind

Anything in Sales / Marketing? Wow.. are you familiar or experience in automobile industries? Such as BMW, Merc or any model of Cars? Or perhaps you are familiar with Banking or Telecommunication Company (TELCO) or Construction / Developer / Property?
Kindly elaborate please.

Cheers

Hello Hanna27

We have a special section dedicated to job related search, please drop your advert there : Jobs in Kuala Lumpur

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi nearly 50% of senior jobs in the UK are found by personal contact. In Asia it is 100%. If you haven't made the necessary contacts to get another position honestly you are not suited to Asia. It is all about networking. And a sales/marketing person surely should be good at that? And why is a work permit have anything to do with it. They are not transferable and expire with your contract.

Just honest feedback. Finding jobs online is a waste of time in Asia.

Nemodot wrote:

Hi nearly 50% of senior jobs in the UK are found by personal contact. In Asia it is 100%. If you haven't made the necessary contacts to get another position honestly you are not suited to Asia. It is all about networking. And a sales/marketing person surely should be good at that? And why is a work permit have anything to do with it. They are not transferable and expire with your contract.

Just honest feedback. Finding jobs online is a waste of time in Asia.

Seems you have had experienced Nemo. *wink*

Hi there
I saw your add here on expat website.
My company is seeking employees. I have been a teacher there and leaving to head back to new zealand for family reasons.
They are seeking an english teacher and also a centre director for one of their schools in Petaling jaya.
It's a great place to work, good working conditions. They are in process of expanding the org here in Malaysia.
If interested in work you can contact the manager Daniel [email protected]

Cheers
Liz

Just a comment, the workpass you have isnt a general one, there is no such thing. It runs with your employer so if your job has come to an end, so has the workpass and then you are a tourist. As a tourist, you cant be hired, you have to be outside and recruited inbound and the new workpass issued at the Malaysian Embassy in your country before you travel.

That said, some people do find employment while they are tourists and the Immigration Dept may choose to accommodate them at added cost via the "Journey Performed" basis in which the Immigration Dept (technically on paper) goes to the Malaysian Embassy located in your country and fetches the workpass for you. Specifically for UK, im not sure. You need to ask them. UK-Malaysia relationships are different. And this is also true if you are forming your own company and need a workpass for it. You should be outside the country when asking for a permit and if not, they may choose to help via the Journey Performed.

I recommend you go to Putrajaya and discuss it, especially your current immigration status if you have already left your employer. You will be a tourist and need to watch the time limit as such. This poses yet another problem because then to be that tourist you need to first leave the country and then return on that basis--90 days basis.

Hi I don't agree cvco you don't have to be hired out of Malaysia for second job onwards. Quite normal to get a second job while in kl and no need to leave.

The main issue is being employable and by the second job you are either established or not suited to Malaysia that is the main issue. And getting jobs online doesn't work here. Even in IT most network with friends for new jobs!

please write in to ************** with an attached document of your curriculum vitae.

Thank you & God bless.
Regards,
Jason

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + avoid free advertisement + post in the Business partners classifieds in Kuala Lumpur section pls

Hi, Kelly which business are you planning or doing

Pm me *************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security