Purchase a piece of property

Hi,
I need to connect with anyone currently living on koro island, I would like to purchase a piece of property there and want to know has the experience been like.

I know someone who bought on Koro island and is building there now.  I can't post her contact information here, but if you send me a private email with your question(s) I will forward it to her.  Email me at   john at outdoorplace.org

Personally, I would never live there.  It's too remote.  It's hard enough getting things on Viti Levu.  Why Koro, when you can have almost all the benefits and only half the transport hassles on Viti Levu.  Even Vanua Levu (Savusavu) for my priorities.

If you need a help just drop me an email [email protected] in fiji to find a best solution.

Zahiriah,

Bula, have lived here for under five years...the most beautiful,pristine place in the world.  Clearest water, the koro sea brings in cooler water each tide change so the coral reefs are amazing. The ocean just now is like swimming in a bathtub of sweetest silk.  Phosphorescence floats by under foot, glow bugs light the path home, so many butterflies and the most amazing parrots, neon blue tinged.  Biodiversity and fertile soils...mmmm:-).
Prices of land are a bit less than Vanua Levu, which is a 1 1/2 hr boat ride away...two ferries a week and a once a week flight.  Groceries are bought on line and delivered to your home.
It is quiet, very few distractions except of a natural origin or local variety.  So exercise and healthy living are daily benefit.
Home to nationals from around the globe. 
Anything in particular you wondered about?

Hi,
thank you for your reply, koro sounds so lovely, my only worry is bringing my 3 cats in, which means them being in quarantine twice, once in Australia and another in fiji. Really reconsidering our decision because of that. :(

I brought a 12 y'r. Old chocolate lab retriever dog with me, he travelled from Canada to Hawaii, cleared their requirements ( which were stringent) to obtain airport clearance and no quarantine, we arrived in Fiji where Johnny( my dog) underwent 1 mth of quarantine, it was grueling on us both, I went to the Prime Ministers office to voice the truth about this cruel money grab, no veterinarian even checked Johnny then they dipped him in Malathion!.. upon leaving, after my expressed forbidding of them doing this.  The Gov't hired on a veterinarian for over site upon consideration of my complaints. 
I have a friend here who brought two cats from Hawaii, she paid the caretaker to daily brush them. The cats have had a good life upon arrival here.
Would be best to check with the veterinarian Dr. Joeli Vakabua his email was [email protected], his # was (679) 972 9783 .
Trust your instincts...like a cat, they are fine tuned, sensitive and know what is best.

Good luck.
Aloha,
Karen

Hi zahiriah,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I created a new topic as from your post on the Fiji forum. ;)

All the best,
Christine