Shaadi - procedure of getting married in Mumbai?

hello all   can anyone tell me the procedure to get marry in mumbai

Dear Karan,
Broadly a notice is to be given to the Marriage registrar(For South Mumbai at Old Custom House in Fort and for suburbs at Bandra)minimum 30 days before the date of marriage.
After a month you meet the registrar & sign the register of marriage-which entitles you to a marriage certificate.Or you can ask the registrar to come over to the marriage hall to solemnise the marriage.

Couples professing different religion can get married under special marriage act whereby they can maintain their individual religious identity after the marriage.

Those who cant wait for 30 days and are Hindus can get married by a priest in a makeshift temple or a regular temple or the hall arranged for marriage& reception,under Hindu rituals where you are photographed.You need to prove that the ritual- of going around the fire by the couple for 7 times- has been performed.The priest takes care of that and all arrangements and issues a certificate,which can be used to register your marriage.

To find  the priest,one just needs to go over to the say Bandra (East) court and opposite the same there are a score of offices of priests and marriage bureaus,who solemnise the marriages against a fee so long as you carry the identity proofs and age proof.

For Muslims it it is the Muslim Priest or Kazi who solemnises the marriage.At a fee the marriage is instant and certificate is issued.

I am not sure about instant marriages amongst Christians.Never thought about it. Will check.
I hope someone can post details on that.I must admit that it will be interesting to know details of instant marriages especially if one out of the couple is a foreigner.(Maradona should be able to help us with this.He is good at law)

thank u  Mr Arthand for your reply

Hi..well getting married at temple or church is different issue and registering marriage is separate issue. You can first marry according to religion then go to register it and in Delhi it's instant, thanks to online system. If you directly go to register marriage with registrar of marriage then 30 days notice is issued by him and on a later date you both bride and groom appear before him with two witnesses. And don't worry about outfits as many people ( foreigners) ask me if it should be traditional.