Extend Mexican Tourist Visa without crossing Border

I was wondering if anyone staying in Mexico on a tourist Visa was able to extend their stay past 180 days by visiting the INM office.  My partner is Mexican and is in her 7th month of pregnancy.  For that reason I'd like to avoid the week or so in travelling down to Guatemala and back to get a new Tourist Visa. Has anyone had a similar experience where they have just applied for an extension at the INM Office?

Not that I know of. You could ask. Take your partner with you.

you need to exit mexico and return to get a new tourist visa or unless you get married with your mexican partner  you can stay in Mexico for 2 years  with residente temporal and after 2 yrs apply for permanent residence. :)

If the child is yours, and I assume that it is, you can apply for a Permanente without any other documents than your passport and the child's birth certificate that shows you as the father.

If not married, much easier if married. Once married, have a current FMM, 3519 pesos, passport, wife's IFE, proof of marriage (easier if married in Mexico), a MX address and apply within Mexico under family. You will be given a 1 year temporary Resident visa. In a year, renew for 1 more year. After two years you become a Permanent resident. At no time financials required.

saludos

Sonia