Searching for an beach Community.

Hello, my name is Vince and my interest is to one day move to a South or Central America country. For my goal in the next few years is to to move to a country for 3 months from January through end of March seeing if I like what I see there. I decided to start with Panama. So I'm hoping that someone can direct me to which community I should be researching in Panama since this is a big country and I want to narrow my search. At the moment the only criteria I have is a beach community that everything is close-by so I don't need to rent a car for daily use. I would need to be able to live with about $1,500 month but I don't need anything big or fancy just convenient, very clean, very safe, and preferably a fan area for a man in his early 50's and active, Can you point to me which community you think is best from me and why? Or if I'm not in the right price range? Any other information will be welcome. Thank you in advance.

Hello Vincep34,

I would suggest you to have a look at the different discussions present in the Panama forum so that you can gather some information in the meantime.

I hope members will respond to you soon.

Thank you
Yuveshen

Coronado, though I'm not sure if it would be out of your budget. Las Tablas and Pedasi might be just right. There are nice beaches in Chiriqui but there is nothing out there in the way of stores and daily necessities. I think Pedasi might be right for you - small town but everything you need for daily stuff, mix of locals and expats, and if you look and ask around maybe you can get something inexpensive. If not Las Tablas is bigger and less expensive.

Thank's Kristc99 I will look into those areas.

Thank you, Yuveshen!

There are small beach towns pass Coronado you should check out. You'll be close to everything, shopping, restaurants, Panama City about 1 hr away. You can take a bus to Albrook  for about $2 and from there subway or metro bus to go into the city.

Not Coronado, you would need at least another 1k a month. Places are not walkable nearby and the beach is not easily accessible. I went there in December 2014 with the same intention as you. Coronado simply did not make the cut and I was willing to spend more than twice your budget.