Listing items for moving to Gozo - customs regs

I realise I'm about a year off moving but preparation etc, we have our house for sale here in the UK and intend to rent on Gozo.
I have been selling quite a few things but realise we will be bringing quite a bit with us, mainly personal stuff, electrical items etc.
I read that the customs need items listed BUT what i can't find out is, do they want every item listed or do they accept e.g.: a box with "ornaments" "pictures" etc ?
It would be a nightmare listing every bit of stuff.

All depends when we sell our house, if its this year, we will rent and store, if its next year we will move straight to Gozo after a short time storing furniture.

Moving within the EU  and its doubtful that customs will get involved. It will depend on your method of transporting the goods to Malta.
By lorry they will drive straight in, by post or courier they will not be checked, by sea or container just a generic list of contents will be OK but your transport firm should tell you what's required.

Terry

Thanks Terry - more than likely will end up with a half container. Haven't contacted any firms yet as we are a bit away, BUT have started sorting stuff out and boxing them, generic will be fine then, just didn't want the hassle of listing every item if it wasn't necessary.

Wondering if you had made that move yet and how it is going/gone?

We are also about to make the leap and as our container is  only shipping to dock in  Malta , we will need onward vanned transit to Gozo as final destination.
If anyone has any recommendations and approx. costs please, or is DIY (Hire a box van ) feasible?

Either way we would need hire of one of those neat hydraulic lifts for the big items as Gozo apartment 3 floors up.

We had a half pallet box shipped through 'Malta post Send On' system last month and we were not asked to specify contents, however, not only was it opened, presumably by Customs, but the ratchet straps used to secure it were missing together with a canteen of cutlery (silver plate) !
When we moved here 3 years ago we used 4 full size pallet boxes and the carrier said list as household contents and they arrived untouched.

Ray