Moving to Netherlands

Hi guys,

My name is Marisa and I am Spanish.  I am thinking about moving to Netherlands, not sure yet but it's an option that I've recently thought. As I've said I'm Spanish but I haven't mention I live in UK since the last five years ago and I was wondering what are the benefit of leaving in Netherlands, so far the lifestyle look much more nice and relax so it would be nice to hear some suggestions please.

I work as a Marketing Manager for an international company so, obviously it would be one more thing that I would like to know more about which is how easy it's the job searching/

Please feel free to contact me as the email address below

[email protected]

Best regards everyone and I look forward to hear your thoughts!!!! :)

Marisa

Hi Marissa55,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to have a look at the New Netherlands expat guide for some starting information concerning Netherlands please.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Just keep in mind the tax here is NUTS! But you'd benefit from the 30% ruling so your would not pay tax as a highly skilled expat on the first 30% of your wages

Hi Marisa!

Finding a job in the Netherlands is very difficult. The Dutch language is required for any job, also for the ones where you don't need to speak.
In addition to that, Dutch employers are very finicky and set very high standards. In fact I decided to pack my things and get out of here. I've just to plan how and when to do it.
By the way, you could try to look for marketing jobs which require English and/or Spanish. Undutchables and Adam's Multilingual are the most important agencies which specialize in multilingual recruitment. You could look for a job also on www.expatjobs.eu.

Good luck,
Licia