Penalties for foreigners not submiting income tax?

Hi,

I had to leave Hungary last year in a hurry and did not have time to ask what about the submiting tax form for that year neither did company I was working for was off any help.
I was working for 7 months and I am not planning to return to Hungary to work. Only maybe as tourist one day.

I am not in position now to deal with this in any way and a friend told me I am not eligible for tax return.

So what if, and how can, they notice that I didnt submit this form and what is the penalty if they notice one day..?

There is a dual taxation agreement between England and Hungary. Some incomes are reserved to Hungary and some likewise some to the UK. You will not be taxed in both countries. You are responsible for completing an income tax form in one country, so as long as it is part of the dual tax agreement , you can declare it as foreign income on your UK tax return.

barbara_dz9 wrote:

..... Only maybe as tourist one day.

In some countries they will know at the airport if you did not pay because of your ID.  But in Hungary, I doubt they are that well organised. 

If you fly to Vienna, then cross over, no-one will know you are in HU. Assumption there is that you are not in your own car or travelling on some forms of public transport.  Same for arrival in all Schengen countries and transport to another one.  One of the flaws of Schengen.