Average salary for Sales profession in Oman

Iam searching for a job in Oman, having a family visa for 1 month starting march 15th , I have 12 years of experience in sales presently working in India with an american MNC as Sales Manager, what are my chances getting a job in Oman. what are the salary levels for sales profession in oman, we are family of 4.

Hi srinivas1978,

Sales and marketing are jobs which are fully Omanised. That means expatriates are no longer allowed to hold these jobs - officially. But to get things done, most companies hire expatriates to do these job functions, but would camouflage them under some other job title and description. This is an usual way out for companies not to get bogged down by Omanistaion and let their bottom line reflect in the negative.

Getting a job better than what you are currently holding would be a big challenge no doubt.

Good luck.

Hi Sumitran,

Thanks for your reply, it was really helpful.

What would be the average salary for 12 years experienced guy.

One of my close friends who had around 15 years experience in the four-wheeler selling line, got a job in a reputed car selling dealership in muscat as Asst. sales Manager (car division) and he was offered OMR 1000 and also a fully furnished four bedroom flat and also a car. That fully furnished apartment is worth nearly 250-300 omr additionally.