Anti spam system & Your opinion

Hi there,

I am staying in Toronto, Canada now to study English. I received lots of help from torontonians, so I am really appreciate that.

I knew this site through a Canadian as well and the reason I signed in this site is that I want to help people who live in Seoul where my country. Because I will go back Korea soon.

Up to now, I made friends through this site. Some of people recommend to me where is cool places that I must go and I also vice versa. But I can not send message to them anymore..

I understand that sorting spam messages is important. But this system I think affect to new users who just wnat to make friends.

What do you think? And I personally want to know what is the hardest experiences when you are living abroad country so far?

Im all ears!

Hi,

are you sure your PM system isn't working?

yea apparently mine isn't working too for some odd reason :S

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

hey
i think this topic should posted in "Help us improve the website"
right?

maybe you have this problem becasue the person you are sending to mailbox is full...iam not sure

I think is okey, but they are asking me to practically wrriting whatever in forums, for they to know that I am not a spam , Awful.

Hello marti..rock!

Please note that this is done also to protect YOU from spammers ...
Think about it ;)

Regards
Armand

hope this will be improved

Hi LiaMoon,

I'm glad to know that you're enjoying my home country... I'm a Canadian, but I have been living in Brazil for over ten years now.

Expat-blog's anti-spam system is for the protection of all of its members. For this reason private message privileges are not automatic, you must 'activate' them by first participating in the forums (i.e. post a topic or reply to an active topic). Then your can send private messages.

Since at least 90% of all SPAM is generated by new members,many of whom register using false information, who join with the intention of spamming and nothing else the system has been set to detect the number of copy and paste messages sent out. If you send more than five copy and paste messages your messaging privileges are blocked.

I believe that this is a very reasonable practice, things could be worse. Users could have the ability to lock their inbox and only permit messages from those individuals on their contact list or alternatively could block all messages from certain individuals. This is something that many other sites do.

You will soon find out that you can make many many new friends here on Expat-blog without the need of sending unsolicited cut and paste messages to anyone.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Closed

Meet expats all over the world

OR