Business Visa

Is there anyone that can help, My husband and I are coming to the DR to take up an offer of work. We are currently living in New Zealand and trying to find out how to obtain a business visa for a long term project. Most of the other people working on the project are from the USA, HR put us in touch with a Law firm in Miami who they advised could help. This firm advised us that as there is no DR Embassy in NZ we should get in touch with the Indian Embassy in India who act for the DR. I am a little sceptical about this and wonder if they actually know where New Zealand is.(South Pacific). This Law firm advised that we could not enter as tourists and change to Business visas, a lot of what I have read tells me that actually visas are not that hard to obtain.Please if anyone has any experience with business visas or can shed any light on the right or wrong way to do things I would be very appreciative.Many thanks. Kiwigirl

BMorgan wrote:

Is there anyone that can help, My husband and I are coming to the DR to take up an offer of work. We are currently living in New Zealand and trying to find out how to obtain a business visa for a long term project. Most of the other people working on the project are from the USA, HR put us in touch with a Law firm in Miami who they advised could help. This firm advised us that as there is no DR Embassy in NZ we should get in touch with the Indian Embassy in India who act for the DR. I am a little sceptical about this and wonder if they actually know where New Zealand is.(South Pacific). This Law firm advised that we could not enter as tourists and change to Business visas, a lot of what I have read tells me that actually visas are not that hard to obtain.Please if anyone has any experience with business visas or can shed any light on the right or wrong way to do things I would be very appreciative.Many thanks. Kiwigirl

There are Consulates in Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne. I suggest you do a Google search and contact them. I found them in less than a minute.
Good luck

Hi, correct although we have yet to find out if they in fact deal with visas etc as the are not an Embassy.

In my many years of travels I have used often Consulates for visas. Last time was the Ethiopian Consulate in Melbourne 2011 where I was given a cup of good Ethiopian coffee whilst the consular representative sorted our the visa.Just contact them and they will let you know yes or no and how to go about the process.

Yes a Dominican Consulate will get you started. You MUST start the process there and NOT here.

Bob K

I just facilitated two work visas, not a business visa.  YOu need the letter of sponsorship from the project, then go to the thread that is Residencia first steps and follow those.  YOu need everything for a regular residencia application PLUS the letter of sponsorship.  Watch the dates as some things will expire.

Once done they will issue you a 60 day visa.  Come here and make sure the company files your application for residency with the work sponsorship letter. A work visa will be issued to you for  1 year and it is renewable.

Thank you for your help

Many thanks

YOu are very welcome.