Teaching job in Dubai

Hi am in Ghana at the moment,Accra to be precise and i have been offered a teaching job in Dubai (am a graduate teacher) that come with free air ticket and a traveling visa as well as accommodation. An agency in Ghana gave me this offer but as of now i have not made any major payment coz i have arranged a payment plan with them if the offer is credible.Please has anyone gone through this process before? pls help advice me coz i have been hearing grave stories about most Ghanian's experience in Dubai.Thank You

What kind of payment arrangements?

HI Primadonna, on the basis of trust they have understood that a relative of mine who works in the Ghanaian government sector can stand in for me as a guarantor so that i will start paying for their services by monthly installment when i start working in Dubai.In that case if i fail to pay they can fall on my relative for their money.

Nanaafia wrote:

HI Primadonna, on the basis of trust they have understood that a relative of mine who works in the Ghanaian government sector can stand in for me as a guarantor so that i will start paying for their services by monthly installment when i start working in Dubai.In that case if i fail to pay they can fall on my relative for their money.

Please read my reply to your other post I am of the opinion that this is a scam.

This is definitely a scam! If it is genuine employment your employer pays for all those things and you don't have to repay them in any way. I doubt if it is actually a teaching job as the school would have recruited you not an agent. When you get there you will find yourself doing menial work or more probably prostitution. BEWARE!!!

hkann wrote:

This is definitely a scam! If it is genuine employment your employer pays for all those things and you don't have to repay them in any way. I doubt if it is actually a teaching job as the school would have recruited you not an agent. When you get there you will find yourself doing menial work or more probably prostitution. BEWARE!!!

Hi thanks alot i have heard some cases like that in Ghana here so i dont ever want to be a victim,i have heard cases where people are reduced to househelps and prostitutes,am making every effort to find out how authentic  this offer is.Since its a weekend ,i cant go to their office till monday but i would make sure i get all the information i need. This forum has been very helpful

Don't agree to anything and I hope you haven't signed anything. I suggest you ask for the name of the school and Google it to find out if it exists and then contact them direct to see if they are recruiting teachers. Also look at the education department of Dubai and see what the regulations are for teachers working in their country and whether you fulfil them

No i haven't made any payments yet and i dont intend to do so till i am very sure. i will ask for all the information on monday, Thanks a lot