Quad biking at Thumamah or Red Sands - Options on which is better?

Looking to go biking there early tomorrow morning (Saturday). Has anyone been to both and would recommend which is "better" and why?

Also, any idea what time they typically "open"? Would like to beat the heat and crowds where possible. Right now my tentative plan was to be there by 8am.

Lastly, suggestions on gear to wear / bring? Was planning on a backpack with snacks, water. Was planning to wear long pants and a t-shirt. Wasn't sure how dusty it was and if its necessary to have something to keep dirt / dust out of your face besides just sunglasses.

Thanks!

Hey Aaron,
Hope you will enjoy your stay in Riyadh.

I have been to both places, but I ride the quad bikes at the Red Sands. it was nice and good experience and the prices are acceptable.
In Thomama, the area is much wider and open and a lot of people comes their to camp and have their traditional food or Barbequing.. and the place is busy from morning till after mid-night. (the stars scene is pretty amazing as it gets so dark in the night)

Both places needs about an hour deriving trip from Riyadh for each.
I suggest you bring some cold cloths and leave it in the car in case the weather kept cold tomorrow.
Wearing a jeans and a t-shirt is nice. But don't wear boots unless you want them to fill with sands. Just good sandals or rough slippers.
Having water and juices and light sandwiches is a good idea as both the places have only super markets next to fuel stations just before you arrive your destination of about 20 min.

At the end, wish you a great fun day!

Appreciate you taking the time to respond Lion. I ended up going to Thumamah this morning and arrived at 8am. A fair amount of people at the entrance to the desert but still plenty of room. There were 3 of us and we were able to rent 250cc quads for 150SAR / hr. All the bikes ran well and we had a blast. All three of us are in good physical shape and after two hours of good hard riding we were very tired.

Looking forward to checking out the red sands location next time! Was so much fun, will certainly be doing it again.

Having just been to the red sands and Thumamah previously I'll say that hands down red sands is far superior. I went on a Saturday morning at 8am and there was nobody out. We were able to get 5 guys on their 250cc bikes and negotiated a price of 250SR for 2 hours. Originally he was asking for 150SR for one hour which is still cheaper than the 200SR I was asked to pay at Thumamah. Granted I didn't bargain much at Thumamah.

Red sands has massive dunes, some incredible elevation changes there. Bigger challenge to ride and you can go up and down some pretty steep stuff.

definitely  red sand!  last month,  we visited red sand. we  arrived by 7:30am of Saturday,  bikes were already there waiting for customers.  and we enjoyed the sand dunes all by ourselves as no one  was  there except us!  we went up and down the hill!  so cool!
so definitely RED SAND! plus we got the bikes  for  only 35sr (small bikes).  but it was really a fun day.