How much for a comfortable life in Nha Trang?

Hi all,

I'm a middle aged person but still in my prime and I have a passive income coming in.  I have lived in Asia before (Taiwan and HK) and have had minor experience in Vietnam. 

So my question is, with living an easy life, how much would I need to be getting to have a comfortable life in Nha Trang - that is, how much would my passive income need to be for me to live comfortably there? 

I don't plan to party my days away, but maybe buy a comfortable place near by (with my Vietnamese wife), live a conservative life, play a bit of golf and do some fishing and basically just take it easy.  So how much would i need to be getting from my passive income to basically retire there * - (if possible can you answer in Australian dollars)?

* I must note, i am not a retiree (and not part of the 60-70 year old grey haired set).  Just happen to be in this position in my middle ages and i just want to chill out and watch life go by.

Thanks

g

A  two bedroom house or flat in town will cost 5 million dong a month to rent. Add 16 million dong a month for living expenses, including gas, electricity and water.  Health insurance is extra.  A friend who lives out in the counstryside gets by extremely frugally on 4 million a month, but I wouldn't recommend that. A million dong is currently worth $60 AUS. (5 + 16) x $60 = $1260.