Recycling Aluminium Cans - Price

I would like to know what prices other people have gotten for selling Aluminium Cans to the recycling ladies on their pushbikes?

Also the plastic boittles?.

And Paper/Cardboard?

:/ 

Thanks in adavnce

I give them free to the ladies.  To me they are the only ones trying to keep vietnam half ass clean.  You really. Need that couple of bucks?

I also give all my recyclables for free to a single mother near my house,can't be bothered asking for the pittance it's worth.

Very little/not worth the effort imho. I just throw mine away and let the trash collectors have them. Sometimes a neighbor spots them first and they disappear from the trash can.

Made my first money as a kid collecting & selling Cans and have done recycling for as long as I can remember. Its just habit now.
Its even better in a country where they will recycle virtually everything. (the refilling of bottles isnt recycling though).

No,  its the other half doing it here. She is organising it.
I was just asking the question for everyones edification.

So what we got was,
250 dong per empty can. Total of 30,000
I thought it was weighed but she counted them at the door.
We also had a small box of plastic and glass bottles and a box of clean cardboard & paper . They were just given to her.

~66 cans equals a kilo, so our qty was just under 2 kilos based on the numbers, So we actually got about 70c a kilo
So thanks DaCabbie, It seems to fall in line with your comments.

And yes the mining of electronics started a long time ago with the first PCs being scrapped, They had a lot more gold on their circuit boards.

Hi I have a couple thousand boxes to recycle, any suggestion of a recycler that can come and pick up these boxes and pay me for them? These boxes have never been used.

djdan wrote:

Hi I have a couple thousand boxes to recycle, any suggestion of a recycler that can come and pick up these boxes and pay me for them? These boxes have never been used.

Adverise them on a VN website, youll make much more. The recyclers will pay you squat and have dodgy scales.

Do you have any suggestions for a website to advertise them on? I have already on FB but just get small orders which is not really suitable.

Cho Tot, Mua Ban.

You could try contacting removalists or Saigon storage. Depends on the size of your boxes.

Where did you get them?

They are from a removal company, problem is they have text on them. Ok thanks! I will try these websites.