Work visas

So a friend and I are 23 and where wondering what we need to do to get work visas and the easiest jobs to get as Americans? And would we need to apply for a residents visa as well as work? And I want to bring my cat... How does that work?

It is a potential employer who applies for a work visa on your behalf, not you and it will take a long time to get it. The visa will be valid for one (1) year, then the employer must apply for renewal,. If you quit the position or are terminated, the work visa is cancelled, immediately. The visa will only be given if there are no CR citizens or legal workers to fill the position, so if you have no 'unusual skills' there isn't much hope of getting one.
Read the info on this website on legal Residency with more information. and working/not working  in CR
Many young people come here hoping to earn enough 'under the table' to live, but the wages are very low and the cost of living here is not, and if 'found out', you could be deported.

For your cat, it will require a health certificate showing a rabies shot which must be less than 30 days.

So if we are moving in 2 years then when should we apply for jobs in costs Rica?we both know Spanish and English.

You can always try....although it will depend on what type of work you are looking for.
Good luck!

Foreigner's cannot work in Costa Rica, it is almost impossible to get permission to do so, unless you specialize in something which a Tico cannot do.  On top of that... why would you want to work for $5. per hour while living in the most expensive country in Central America?

Why would you ask a question like that? Its a stupid question to ask a young person why they want to travel the world. Why they want to live in places that have horrible economy's. I guess you didn't have the dream of traveling the world. And if you did then you where just like everyone else who wanted to travel but never did. I'm young enough to backpack across south America. I'm young enough to be a beach bum... To live off of a few dollars a day. Well I would rather struggle in a different country, on a beach, seeing history than living a horribly boring life struggling in the USA! Thats why I want to live in Costa Rica, Belize, Thailand and wherever else I choose. So think about that before you ask such a ridicules question! And I'm pretty sure its not impossible for an incredibly beautiful women to get a job!

Hi Everyone!

The purpose of the forum is to mutually help each other and share experiences ... Please remain calm and try to understand the questions and answers of each other, in order to avoid any slippage.

Thank you,

Marjorie