Visa in Thailande

I plan to go to Koh Chang in May for 6 months. I could really use any advice on visas, etc.

I hold a Malaysian passport and need to figure out the best way to stay in Thailand legally without any trouble.

evelynsloh wrote:

I plan to go to Koh Chang in May for 6 months. I could really use any advice on visas, etc.

I hold a Malaysian passport and need to figure out the best way to stay in Thailand legally without any trouble.

Welcome.

I suggest that you read through the posts in the visa section of the forum which is in the forum categories section on the right hand side of this page.

Thank you, I have but can't find much for Malaysians. It's mostly other countries.

You can get a 30 day visa on arrival which you can extend at any immigration office at least twice more.
No hassle to do a visa run into Laos or back to Malaysia either.

Check out this website www.malaysia_siam-legal.com  You could contact them for information.

stumpy wrote:

You can get a 30 day visa on arrival which you can extend at any immigration office at least twice more.
No hassle to do a visa run into Laos or back to Malaysia either.

Check out this website www.malaysia_siam-legal.com  You could contact them for information.

Stumpy
This information is incorrect.
Malaysians may enter 30 day VISA EXEMPT(different to VOA) by air. Or 30 by land border from MALAYSIA or 15 days at any other land border.
Visa exempt entries may be extended by 30 days at Thai Immigration(in Thailand) for fee of 1900Baht ONCE only.

Thanks thetefldon.

It looks like the site I gave was maybe old information.

Citizens of Malaysia are permitted to stay in Thailand up to 30 days if entering via international airport and up to 15 days if entering through a land border checkpoint from a neighboring country (Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia) under the Visa Exemption Rule.

If Malaysian citizens, however, will cross the borderline from Malaysia to enter Thailand, they will be granted period of stay of at most 30 days each time.

Please note that you must be in possession of the following if you wish to visit Thailand:

A valid passport.
You will need a passport valid for at least 6 months following your departure date. It is also recommended that your valid passport have at least 2 remaining unused pages for any necessary entry and exit stamps that may be issued.

A confirmed travel itinerary
Proof of accommodation and funds of at least THB 10,000 per person and THB 20,000 per family.