Hua Hin Baan San Ngam condo

We have just bought a flat in this condo. We were told that dogs were permitted.imagine my surprise when while waiting for my partner to collect keys, one of the staff started screeching at me from the steps - no dogs in this area. We since found out many ridiculous rules. No eating or drinking by pool. No towels on fence outside patio. OK, but I saw people being told off for walking from their car through the pool area with coffees. Another day someone with direct pool access left towels on fence and also got told off.

Has anyone else come across this sort of nonsense or is it just S*** built properties?

Hello davejc and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that the name of the company has been moderated to avoid any diffamation and legal pursuits.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com team

Hello

Condominiums are regulated by
1 - its rules and regulations (internal),
and
2 - the Thailand Condominium Act (external).

This is not specific to your condominium.

The Condominium Act specifies for example the procedure and requirements to be licensed as a condominium. The internal regulations (set of bylaws) of a condominium for example regulate how the building is run (e.g that the units cannot be used as a business or company address or matters relating pets).

The rules and regulations of the condominium are formed by voting of the unit owners in the condominium general meetings.

When you buy a condo like in any country you should get all the informations through your lawyer, some people can find normal that pets are not allowed, just imagine them walking aroun the swimming pool, or if you have kid finding themself in a lift with a dog.

When you look at buying a condo you see it from outside first, if everybody have clothes on their baclony, and a dish antenna, it can look crap and pull buyer out.

Also for new development the developer team can push you to sign a contract selling the positive points as any commercial, and things like internal rules can be written in a document you get after you buy it, but verbal informations given to you before to buy it have no value regarding the law.

It can be quick to buy in Thailand process simple, no check, no lawyer involved but all of this is up to you, you can spend 2 months checking everything with a sollicitor before signing any documents, like you can walk to land registry office with cash or bank draft in hand...

Best of Luck

Thanks for your reply, but I think you misunderstand me, the problem was not in the pool area, obviously dogs not allowed, it was the way I was shouted at from the top of the office steps, instead of coming down and speaking to me in a respectful manner, before being made aware of the rules after all we are paying her wages. the same with the other people's telling off.

Sorry!

Ignore it.  To many rules,  Rules are made to be broken, this is Thailand, no one obeys rules.

Yes thanks I agree

Would like to get in contact with this couple as they are more in my age group.
Mary LouAnn