The fakers being faked

Spotted this In the online newspaper today.

Really strange twist of events.   :/

tuoitrenews.vn/business/26418/chinese-goods-bearing-fake-madeinvietnam-labels-hurt-local-consumers-manufacturers

Well, many times I really wonder about foreigners in Asia... specially in Viet Nam!!! Please remember, dear expat: You are guest here!!! But if you don't like, don't respect & can't accept what's happen her - you seriously should think about to leave as soon!!! I never will understand why somebody want live in Viet Nam - but every day has to talk something bad about the people & culture here!!! Please remember at your homeland - where you critisize imigrants strongly!!! Dear Expat (many!!!): Do you can't accept this country & people & culture??? Shut up & go home! Seriously!!!

Da Cabbie, o understand what you mean -.& btw: I'm a passionally sailor... spent several timesva lot more time "one-hand"...
But that's not the point. I have many very good friends & neigbors, all are locals... & never I felt insulated or such like this... never I got treated like a "nigga in south carolina" (sorry for this words)!!!
I was in many countries (not posted in my profile) & never I had any problems, specially not here in Asia! So if some expats have serious problems like you said: they really should go back where they come from!!!
Kind regards :)

The title is a bit .... ignorant!

The Vietnamese don't fake stuff. Some Vietnamese buy cheap fake stuff from China and sell with good benefit in Vietnam. I am not saying it's good or better but faking things and trading faking things are two different things.

And if Vietnam has so bad reputation faking things then I don't see why the Chinese ppl have to fake "Made in Vietnam" instead of "Made in China", where stuff originally come from.

There's a shop behind my office that makes some nice shirts with "Made in Honduras" printed on them. It cracks me up. They gave me a shirt, and the quality is better than my other "Made in Vietnam" shirts.

Ngan Khanh wrote:

The title is a bit .... ignorant!

The Vietnamese don't fake stuff. Some Vietnamese buy cheap fake stuff from China and sell with good benefit in Vietnam. I am not saying it's good or better but faking things and trading faking things are two different things.

And if Vietnam has so bad reputation faking things then I don't see why the Chinese ppl have to fake "Made in Vietnam" instead of "Made in China", where stuff originally come from.

Many Vietnamese do not accept goods made-in-China but they want cheap stuff. Indirectly, they are forcing suppliers to produce inferior goods and find ways to cut cost and/or penetrate the market in a way of "NOT CHINA MADE".

i can understand this fully, because we have a factory in China manufacturing CCTVs and security products. It was extremely difficult in beginning to sell the products and we have to explain that even IPhone is made in China. There were also Vietnamese companies requesting us to fake the labels by were flatly declined. Thus, one Vietnamese can never be a representative for the whole nation.

Many Vietnamese consumers are "China sensitive" and price sensitive. I had a hard time toggling between integrity and pricing.

However, in my opinion, we should not be racist and accept the fact that if one is not willing to have China goods, then find other ways and prepare to pay for it.

I interpret this thread original intention served as a heads up for fake goods entering Vietnam. In anyways, fake goods are everywhere. There can also be fake quality goods or fake inferior goods. Even terrorists are into selling fake goods for their funding.

The selling will stop, only if the buying stop.

Athanasius Pang wrote:

The selling will stop, only if the buying stop.

You hit the nail right on the head.

The iphone is so true and Vietnamese locals can't rebut it.

They say boycott products from China but all they want is iphones and ipads that are made in China.

Everytime they see my 2013 Nexus 7 LTE first word out of their mouth is it's not as good as an ipad or my Samsung smartphone not an iphone. But they don't even know what an app is or what apple products can do besides youtubing and taking infinite photos.

Recently I bought a remote control helicopter for my nephew who has been in the hospital for last 2 weeks as they try to diagnose his ailment. Being a 6 year old kid it must be boring holed up in a hospital.The grown ups searched the box for where it came from. A rectangular area on the box was cut out so they assumed it's from China and therefore the product is inferior.

sailingholidays wrote:

Well, many times I really wonder about foreigners in Asia... specially in Viet Nam!!! Please remember, dear expat: You are guest here!!! But if you don't like, don't respect & can't accept what's happen her - you seriously should think about to leave as soon!!! I never will understand why somebody want live in Viet Nam - but every day has to talk something bad about the people & culture here!!! Please remember at your homeland - where you critisize imigrants strongly!!! Dear Expat (many!!!): Do you can't accept this country & people & culture??? Shut up & go home! Seriously!!!

WOW, seriousley defensive ,I didn't see Redbeard doing anything more than bringing our attention to a funny quirky story, in the west we are so used to immitations from Asian countries that it is a case of buyer beware. there was no inuendoe about Vietnamese being inferior. you are putting all expats in the same basket, shame on you. some are a pain in the bum, but they are in the 1% range. Please climb down off you tall horse. besides,,,,, who is selling this stuff anyway??????????

Well, Mark, you had should read the first original post from Redbeard42... than you would understand my reaction. For sure I don't put all expats in.same pot - but seriously: I've seen heard & know many expats blowing the same horn - and adressed to them: yeah, better go back or anywhere else!!!
For example: I drive by bike in Sai Gon - and the only furious yelling & "middlefinger showing" drivers are expats!!!
So what? I mean what I wrote.
Kind regards ;)

Hello everyone,

Please try to stick to the topic of the discussion as the topic talks about ''Chinese goods bearing fake made-in-Vietnam labels hurt local consumers, manufacturers'' .

Kindly let's share our views about the topic?..:)

Thank you
Yuveshen

where is Redbeard, looking to me like he stirred the pot and ran away,    :cool:

Still here
All I did was point to a Vietnamese newspaper article with what I thought was a witty banner that would be understood by fellow expats. Pointing out the irony of the situation.
I never expected to get my head bitten off with such vengeance.

Redbeard42 wrote:

Still here
All I did was point to a Vietnamese newspaper article with what I thought was a witty banner that would be understood by fellow expats. Pointing out the irony of the situation.
I never expected to get my head bitten off with such vengeance.

touched a nerve with the locals  :D

Not a local ,, a fellow expat seems to have taken the greatest offence

Anyone will take offense to anything until someone invents a sarcasm emote

I have done similar stuff in the past, it's a good practice , that if you intend humour, to include HI HI VN for ha ha or  :D  there is a bit of thin epidermis on the forum, and some expats have caused some of the VNese members to leave the forum. A great loss, as the 1's I know were only here to help us, of course there are some times other benifiets too but that's another story. I understood you and your intent,  :dumbom: , your first hi hi

by the way, Redbeard, welcome to the forum