Visas and illicit work

Just a purely hypothetical question: let's assume somebody who is clearly not me, nor somebody I know of, is living in Brazil on a visa that does not permit employment. As far as I'm aware, illegal work seems to be rather widespread here - theoretically, what exactly would the consequences be if such a hypothetical person would, somehow, get busted by the police? Thanks!

If that hypothetic person were caught working the the hypothetical Policia Federal would invite them to leave the country (usually within 8 days).

The employer of the hypothetical person would be subject to a very heavy hypothetical fine as well.

The hypothetical worker would have to keep very quiet, he couldn't let any of his hypothetical friends or neighbors he hypothetically was working under the table either.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

I believe illegal work is not that widespread because number of foreigners in Brazil is very very low: 0,5% of the population is foreigner. So even if all these people were all illegals it will be much less than in Europe where 10-15% is foreigners and the number of illegal is well over 0.5%.
Then illegal works offers "wonderfull" opportunities: like beiing payed a few hundred R$ (much less than minimum salary) in near slave work conditions. This is brazilian dream.... I am sure this person would be better off unemployed in Belgium.