Antique wooden furniture restoration

I'm looking for a carpenter with experience in restoring antique furniture in HCMC. Any suggestions or recommendations?

I do not actually have any personal experience with them. But on the road near where I live there are a number of woodworking shops. They often have furniture pieces in there which they have sanded and resprayed. How exact and careful they are I am not sure. But they do do it.
There are located in D2 on Luong Dinh Cua near the intersection of Tran Nao on the right side going "away from D1".
There are two close to the intesection, and if you keep going there are a few more "shops" on the left side. Some just sell sawn wood, some have furniture and fix them up, others dont do a thing!! 

They are open fronted tin sheds and dont look like much. Best to take a vietnamese there with you or send them as a scout first (so the price does not get inflated).
You can drive past and see if it is along the lines you are thinking of. Get a phone number, and get a viet to call for you.

There are a couple of "shops" (sheds) on the way into Thao Dien which have "antiques" painted on there walls. Given that they leave the furniture outside in the rain I dont think much of their business acumin.

Hope it helps

Hi

Did you find anyone?

I have some lovely wooden furniture, not antique, but needs restoration

I have found out I know more about this than the local tradespeople I have come across

They have little understanding of grain and colour, much less restoration.

Regards

John

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid auto promotion or free advertising pls