Am a backpacker and will be in mauritius for 6 months

please tell me if i can find work easily in mauriitus

also , anyone can offer me a place to live?

thank you

sorry, forget to mention, will be happy to contribute to costs and also like to be near beach . i like sunbathing a lot

please contact me

thank you

Hi
I think the following quote I have read is true:
"In order to get a work visa in Mauritius, you must get a work contract or a valid job offer from an employer in the island before you come to the Island. "

See the following link for more information:

http://www.investmauritius.com/work-live.aspx

You can do volunteer work I believe, so no salary, Mauritian Wildlife and Various NGO's around the Island always need volunteers.

Good luck :)

thank you, Rosie

still want to have a place to stay when i am in mauritius.

Annasia wrote:

thank you, Rosie

still want to have a place to stay when i am in mauritius.

Sorry I am unable to help you on accommodation, I believe there are some very cheap B & B's on the Island, I am sure someone will have some suggestions for you.

Good luck :)

Hi there,

Im am in a unit in Pereybere which in the North of the island. The other units are for rent at the moment.
two bathrooms, 3 bedrooms. 10 min walk to the beach. One common swimming pool.

Hi,to find work,it depends on your skills and qualifications as not all jobs qualify for work permit.voluntary work no problem,i csn refer you to local ngos. Regarding a placd to stsy,a paying guest room might suit you.if needed, i can find something suitable.

can you tell more about yourself , your nationality, reason to be in Mauritius ?