Looking at West end Hotel in Roatan

Hello,
   Im coming in town next week. I am going to be looking at buying a small hotel on the West end and was hoping that anyone that lives in that area can tell me about it.
Is it a nice place to live? How save is it, Are there a lot of expats or more vacations type of people?
Any information you can give me would be very helpful.

Hello runninglow,

Until other members interacts, I suggest that you drop an ad in the Housing in Honduras section in order to improve your chances.

Thank you, :)

Marjorie

Is West End a "nice" place to live? Depends on what you like. It is a nice enough place - to visit, but living there can get to be a bit much. It is somewhat too busy and crowded and noisy for me. I tried it but ended up moving to a more secluded, and quieter, area. Many people prefer it to West Bay because it is more like a small town, and it does have a small town feeling to it and West End seems to be a pretty safe place, generally speaking. There are a number of ex-pats living there but mostly it is just people who are just there for the day, or at most a few days. Very much more a tourist town than an ex-pat colony. Just depends on what a person is looking for. Too busy and touristy a place for me to live in, I think.

Hi!

Are you talking specifically about West End village or generally about the west end of the island? The west end of the island is where most of the expats live and where most of the tourism is centered. Marcus' comments are pretty well right on. Your budget is important as there are a few B&B's and small hotels for sale with a wide price range. I do most of the commercial sales here and would be happy to help you out. Please email me at [email protected].

Best of Life!

Edward