Party in Manila : March 24-29, 2015

Dear all,

I am going to be in Manila with my friends on 24 - 29 March, 2015.
Looking to hit up the best parties in town and some places to visit during our stay. Especially i will celebrate my birthday in Manila! Yeaayy.. :P
Appreciate if you guys could give some suggestion where the clubs are and maybe to join the party or sightseeing with us.
I have searched online and found some places + clubs but prefer to get info from here ;)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
icha

Getting out of town on Palm Sunday is a good idea

This year, Palm Sunday falls on fifth Sunday of March which is March 29, 2015 and yea, i will be flying back to Jakarta on that day.

But why is it a good idea? Is the city will be very quiet or the opposite? I'm curious now.
What i've read online, there will be ceremonies everywhere where lots of worshipers carry palm fronds to church to be blessed by the priest.

And only when Maundy Thursday (April 2, 2015) businesses are closed until Black Saturday. Television and radio stations also closed during this time.

Well, i'd appreciate if you could explain more and hoping when i'm there the city is not so quiet :D
Thanks!!

icha

ichaa wrote:

This year, Palm Sunday falls on fifth Sunday of March which is March 29, 2015 and yea, i will be flying back to Jakarta on that day.

But why is it a good idea? Is the city will be very quiet or the opposite? I'm curious now.
What i've read online, there will be ceremonies everywhere where lots of worshipers carry palm fronds to church to be blessed by the priest.

And only when Maundy Thursday (April 2, 2015) businesses are closed until Black Saturday. Television and radio stations also closed during this time.

Well, i'd appreciate if you could explain more and hoping when i'm there the city is not so quiet :D
Thanks!!

icha

The joint will be jumping, a lot of people don't work holy week.

rmdecast88 wrote:

Hi Ichaa,

Philippines is  dominantly Christians, the most celebrated holidays in the Philippines is the Christmas Season and the Lent Season, the birth and crucifixion, death of JESUS CHRIST. During Christmas season very festive season many parties, eating, dancing etc. you must schedule your trip in the Philippines on Christmas season that's every December if you want festive mood in the Phillppines. During Lent Season or we celebrate the holy week in which Christ crucified and put to death no celebration on that time and most people go to provinces, churches, to reflect, pray, and do religious things so most shops, malls, establishments are all closed and also the local TV stations are closed.

Which is why it is good to get out of town on Palm Sunday.
Christmas season starts November 3 in case you are interested.

Dear rmdecast88 and mugtech,

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it! :)

icha

Hi icha,

Here are some of the best clubs in manila:

71 gramery
Raven
Prive
Time club
Haze
Urbn
Valkyrie

Hope you enjoy your stay..

waxytweety4 wrote:

Hi icha,

Here are some of the best clubs in manila:

71 gramery
Raven
Prive
Time club
Haze
Urbn
Valkyrie

Hope you enjoy your stay..

71gramery has got the view and a good social scene, especially for a group... but it's an early out starter location, ...I think I've been to about three of the other six... they've all got their good points and bad... good list though ...personally I prefer the smaller local spots, but everyone has there own preferences  :D  Have fun!

Hi,

Just one advise if you dont want to pay the entrance who its about 900Php for valkyrie i thon you have to be in the guestlist and go there before 1am,
you can message message if you want to be there, i have friend who work in many clubs,
Cheers,

sabrina

thanks Sabrina, that is really nice of you =D
how much for the guestlist? how bout for other clubs mentioned above? do they all costed about 900 without the guestlist?

another thing....Icha's bday is happen to be on Tuesday, we are still thinking to celebrate that day, which club would you recommend? i was looking through the list in manilaclub.com, seems like Prive is the only one that open on tuesday.

Holly week is the week after your stay so don't worry about it.

A good party line is start with diner at Cafe Curieux (ask for Lolo the owner and ask him to meet the French team), then 11-12 go to 71 Gramercy, then 2-3 go to Time.
All 3 are in the same area, walking distance.

Have fun.

try Jools Cabaret 0n P Burgos street - show times are 10, 11, 12, and 1am, and the show is different every hour

AsiaRelocation wrote:

Holly is usually associated with Christmas, as in Deck the Halls.....
How do you slide holly into Easter?

afzalraza wrote:

try Jools Cabaret 0n P Burgos street - show times are 10, 11, 12, and 1am, and the show is different every hour

I don't think those ladies want to party in GOGO BARS.
P.Burgos area has lots of good restaurants, bars, clubs...  :top:
P.Burgos street only has dodgy girly bars...  :offtopic:

:whistle:

mugtech wrote:
AsiaRelocation wrote:

Sorry, I meant Holy Week ;)

AsiaRelocation wrote:
mugtech wrote:
AsiaRelocation wrote:

Sorry, I meant Holy Week ;)

I know :lol:

Valkyrie is the place to be, i must say :)

U can reach me thru my email, i can give you my contact number so i can accompany you when u get there... I assure you won't regret it and you'll have a blast!  :D  i hope you enjoy your stay and happy birthday! 😉🍻

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions, i really appreciate it.
AsiaRelocation : glad to know the holy week is the week after our stay  :top: and thanks for the night out plans you suggested for us! Nice one.
Ambur : yea, many people suggested us to go to Valkyrie, but according to the website, they're open from Weds onwards only. Maybe we will try the other place on Tues and then Valkyrie on the other night. Thanks for the bday greetings!

icha

Hit me up if ur planning to go there, im always there ;)

Valkyrie it s the place to be but its close on tuesday,

If you want the perfect night, go to 71 to have couple of drinks and enjoy the view, then you can go to prive in fort strip fort bonifacio its the same owner of valkyrie and then Imperial its just near by.

Tuesday dont need guestlist for club but others yes you can PM me if you want and i will put you on the guestlist

Enjoy

Second the motion here.. valkyrie is the place to be :)

@Sabrina,
Thanks for the suggestion!
Yes, I will contact you. Thanks in advance!

@waxytweety4,
Yea, will check it out!
Thanks