Cheap Food in Thailand!! Just 300 Bath A MONTH!!!

:blink:  Food is Very Cheap in Thailand when you are planning to Cook in your Own Kitchen.

Choosing a Restaurants in Streets are not a GOOD IDEA  :unsure

You Can taste all the Foods Item in Street only 1 Time.

But i suggest if you get all groceries from Stores like (Flore,Veg.Fish,Chicken,Beef,Sugar,Tealeaves,Bakery Items,Curry Powders, etc)

Surely you can Cover your Month in 300 THB for very Sure.

What do you Suggest please Subscribe and Share your Food Experiences.

EAT HEALTHY ;)

I have to disagree.
300 THB is not a lot of money and you would not be able to feed yourself adequately on that for a month and survive long term.

For cost of living try numbeo.com

Firstly live in Thailand for 1 year as this post is just a dream and complete misunderstanding of food cost.

Just your bottle of gas will cost you 421 THB if you cook everyday !! or electricity if you have electric plate as gas can be forbidden in some condominium even people dont bother or respect it.

Even if you grow your vegetable it will cost you over 300 THB just to water a big plot them every day or even you have a dwell you still need to amortize the price you pay for it and run the pump ( electricity cost ), nothing is free.

You will not even eat 1 egg or 1 chicken wing per day with a bit of rice.

On a though budget you will have to buy all on small quantity, that mean you will pay higher price, a bag of 5kg of rice will cost you 150 THB and still need to cook it !! 1kg of chicken wings will cost you 115 THB, ...

Go to buy vegetables in the market every week and you will see how much it will cost you.

Will you cook with the tap water even you boil the water or will you buy 10L drinking water for your cooking.

When you eat outside some days you dont need to wash your dishes every day ( washing liquid, water... )

Cooking means : Oil, salt, spices, onions, garlics, butter, etc... all of these stuffs will cost you already over 300 THB and in small budget you will not buy a bottle of 5 liters of oil !

Don't dream too much...... and plan carefully your expenses.... list everythings you buy and spend in food in your country then get the list here, Stumoy give you a website where people input prices of everything...some datas will help you face the reality...

remember when they ask 400,000 THB for a married couple to get 1 year Visa it is based on 20,000 THB per month for each adult over 10 months and this is not for food only and they might have children...

That means people can live on this though budget as thai are living but simple life, or 10 people living under same roof ans sharing all the expenses...

Anyway good luck....

Either typo error or figures taken from the air. I sure like to see how to survive with 300 baht per month. If that is possible then many rich Thais as cost for food is so low. Even 300 baht per week is difficult.

:huh:  Well, Cost Of Living in Thailand is not Expensive at all.

Its up 2 the person how much he is adding in his Budget

300 THB is not Enough but for a Single Person who is living with 2 or 4 other room mates Can Cover it all Expenses in 300 THB Per Head. (Each Person).

I mean 2 say that if you are living with 3 or 4 room mates you can cover it in 300 THB. Dividing on Each person.

I have a Complete Cost Plan will Publish here soon.

Cheers  :thanks:

3000 maybe but 300 certainly not !

Ok, so you are saying that I could live on 10 baht per day for food? Or 3 baht per meal? Or about 10 cents USD per meal? Unless you use tap water (not for me, thanks), you would spend that much just for water every month. 2 liters at the bulk dispensers will cost you 5 baht/day or 150 baht per month. That's half your food money gone already.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

The quality foreigners that my country is trying to attract :-)

and what planet are you from????300 baht...sit at home and watch the day go by. you could afford that if you don't eat or do anything else and if you have no rent. maybe. good way to loose weight...

Probably he can live on Bath300 in HIS country or
he is living on Fresh Air

pfft, I usually spend 300 baht for lunch... The OP is either trolling or out of his mind...

An expat who is thinking about how to get the cheapest food should better go back home. Don't bother other countries with your poverty :D

now you make me feel guilty for spending so much more on food!

my regular "budget" (not a very strict budget but i try to keep spending in check)

is 500baht/day (2 persons) for weekdays (working days) x 20 days = 10,000
and 1000/baht/day (2 persons) for weekends (non working days) x 8 days = 8,000

typical month probably spend approx 18,000 (2 persons) on food..

this usually also covers some snacks... or groceries for home.. like eggs, milk, bread.. etc. etc...

it also helps that my work place provides lunch/dinner depending on what time i work... so i try to cut down there.. and i am able to enjoy the occassional iced coffee outside.

any comments? it is curious to know how much other people spend on food each month...

i try not to go crazy and dine at expensive restaurants if i can help it.. so sometimes i actually spend very little for a few days.. and eat up my budget at a nice meal with the wife. say japanese sushi place or something...

The guy who created this thread obviously plucking figures from the air. Until now he can't justify how he derive to the figure of 300 baht per month.

If his therory is true, many Thais are rich and smiling to the bank with lots of money deposits.

I just wasted a lot of time on this ridiculous post.
My Thai wife and my self use to pay 5000 b a month for a 2 bedroom house.
1000 b on food from the shopping centre a week.
Water was 10 b for around 10ltrs
Electricity was 300 b a month.
1 bottle of gas 300 b to fill.
This was back in 2006.
This was very simple living, my wife was working an I was training as a Dive Master.
We had 1 motor bike and I use to use 100 baht a day for lunch and fuel for the motor bike. Those days I could buy a seafood rice dish for 30 b, I bottle of beer would cost 40 b.
We lived in Phuket for 1 year and we both came back to my home country where we have lived ever since.
So around 12000 b just for those figures, no clothing has been added, no dinning out, no washing, etc

@PumpingIron lol, you lost your mind or this is a typo. $6 per month?

@PumpingIron No need for others to disagree, it's non-debatable. You simply can't live off $6 a month here and my guess is this is an error. I mean after all, he says 300 "Bath" instead of Baht. Just let it go...

What kind of lifestyle can you have on 300 THB/m? Are you living like a tribe off the land?

blink.gif Food is Very Cheap in Thailand when you are planning to Cook in your Own Kitchen.

Choosing a Restaurants in Streets are not a GOOD IDEA unsure.png

You Can taste all the Foods Item in Street only 1 Time.

But i suggest if you get all groceries from Stores like (Flore,Veg.Fish,Chicken,Beef,Sugar,Tealeaves,Bakery Items,Curry Powders, etc)

Surely you can Cover your Month in 300 THB for very Sure.

What do you Suggest please Subscribe and Share your Food Experiences.

EAT HEALTHY wink.png
-@PumpingIron

Total nonsense. 300 baht/month is totally impossible especially if that includes various kinds of meat. A tray (30 eggs) of number 2 eggs cost about 120-125 baht at the moment. Just an example.