Salary in Budapest

Hi there,

I am having a job offer for an international company in Budapest.

The salary is 385K  HUF a month, gross salary.

Now, I have already seen 1-2 post about this topics but would like an accurate reply on my case.

What will it be in net salary? because the contract offer just tell me it is subject to social security funds and incomes taxes.

Is this salary enough to live decently ( a 1-2 bedroom flat, food and entertainment and of course medical Insurance)?

Some experience and advices are welcome.

@matt300

Please read through the posts in the category list for information.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Thanks mate !

385 a month before taxes.
Would say at least 100,000 off each check for taxes, equal to around $1,000 dollars a month.( think the tax rate is very high here, like 50% plus 27 % sales tax)
Slightly better then average but not great unless you have 2 incomes in your household.

You can live on it but your not going to be high on the hog as the saying goes.
I believe most employers do pay for your health coverage. it does not cost much though. Under $40. a person per month for the HU health card.
Many co. also give you a BKV monthly pass and some even set up the internet in your home for work related things.
My husband and I live on less then $1,000 a month but we own our flat and save to escape Hu every year. We just live on his one SS check from the US, I am still too young to get mine as of yet.
When I get my SS, we may leave here.

Yes, the salary is good enough for you to live in a one bedroom apartment.