Engaging during the first meeting to a Moroccan girl

I have visited Morocco few times and seriously looking for a bride. I have few unsuccessful ones and now I have found someone. We chatted few days and the girl is from a decent and coming from a business family. The problem I am having is, she is proposing to engage on the first day on happy to marry in our meet...i mean she wants me to meet her dad and engage soon as possible. I am of course serious in this but a bit concered why she wants to engage to an unknown guy who havent seen on day one. Is this something normal in Morocco please? Please advise me.

o please   give me a break   GROW UP

Odessy1977 wrote:

I have visited Morocco few times and seriously looking for a bride. I have few unsuccessful ones and now I have found someone. We chatted few days and the girl is from a decent and coming from a business family. The problem I am having is, she is proposing to engage on the first day on happy to marry in our meet...i mean she wants me to meet her dad and engage soon as possible. I am of course serious in this but a bit concered why she wants to engage to an unknown guy who havent seen on day one. Is this something normal in Morocco please? Please advise me.

It's obvious why you're concerned...If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't!

It's normal when it comes to foreigners who can offer a possibility of a visa to the Western world. Marriage is their only route, hence why some of them are willing to marry anyone, and I literally mean it... anyone. I knew you were from a Western country without visiting your profile, but just by reading the thread. Avoid like the plague!

I know what you meant. But she is not having any financial problems. Well travelled, having her own business..and comfortable life. She is even saying, she is having a good life there...so..that's is why I want to know an answer..please

Odessy1977 wrote:

I know what you meant. But she is not having any financial problems. Well travelled, having her own business..and comfortable life. She is even saying, she is having a good life there...so..that's is why I want to know an answer..please

Have you verified everything she has said? Let her come and visit you in London. See how you two get on. No need to rush into making a life-time commitment, with someone who is quite frankly a stranger.

And come on Odessy, if your date of birth is actually 1977, then honestly, you shouldn't need any advice from anyone. You should know what to do!

:idontagree:

Name me, one woman, any where in the world, who has "own business..and comfortable life", will want to marry someone she has never set eyes upon? It simply doesn't happen. The only ones who do, are those desperate, poor ones who want to benefit financially from the marriage. But she claims to be well-off. All lies. All lies. No business exists. Ask her about it. All obvious hocus pocus, said in order to convince you that she doesn't want to use you for a visa...A poor attempt to conceal her ulterior motives.

but hell if this  guy is so  damn stupid   go marry her   hahahahaha

Odessy1977 wrote:

So she says.

Let me tell you one thing. Moroccans begin to learn to lie from when they begin to speak; they are taught by their parents. They are all proficient and practised liars. Have you seen the visas in her passport? Have you been to all of her businesses and looked at the accounts? Until you have done so, don't believe a word. It's the opposite to the West. If someone in the West tells you something, you tend to take it at face value. In Morocco, you believe nothing until you have verified what you have been told.

Tell her to come to London, at her own expense, to meet you there. You'll see quickly enough if her story of being well-travelled is true. After all, if she has been abroad before, she will have no trouble getting a visa. and no trouble buying a plane ticket if she is so well off! Don't even consider paying a penny for her costs or sponsoring her. If she asks for help, you will know that she is a liar.

Why are you surprised that a prostitute (as this is what she is) wants to get out of a poor(ish) developing country to where she can live a life of ease on your money and after she divorces you, off the state? Of course she wants to get engaged right away. She wants to trap you and your kindly western conscience. This is NOT normal in Morocco, to get engaged the first day.

For goodness sake, forget about this gold digger.

- Tell her you have absolutely no interest in continuing life in the UK, and want to live in Morocco or another non-Western country for good. Watch how quickly she disappears, and her true colours is revealed. You will see all that "love" for what it is when she's certain you're indeed serious. Or she may say, "yeah no problem, come and live here with me.", knowing full-well that you won't find a job (due to a combination of the laws they have in place that restricts foreigners & the high un-employment), and so you have to return back. That's another trick they use by the way. To tell the foreigner to come to Morocco, and as they all know what will happen... the foreigner doesn't find a job (obviously...), struggles with life there (obviously...), and will have no option other than to return back (obviously...) ... and along with who? With who?! You've guessed it! Well done!

- Give me her contact details. Watch how quickly she will add me and show interest when I pretend I'm a desperate person from London looking for a bride. Don't believe me? Try me!

Another thing is, there are almost never messages such as this on the francophone forums. Why? Because they have 5,000,000 Moroccans and Algerians working or living there and see them up close in everyday life! The French are perfectly aware of their culture and the shenanigans many of them get up to, the utter lack of morality in these affairs and in things such as civil duties and adhering to French norms.

Before I get accused of racism, I want to say it's not all Maghrebi people, obviously. Unfortunately, however, we mainly get the worst ones on these boards and on marriage sites.

Think about it! What on earth is a "decent" girl doing looking for a husband from abroad? Why would a well-travelled girl with her own businesses (and from a rich family) want to throw it all away and marry a complete stranger at haste? It's risible and laughable that she would do so and even worse, at your age, that you have even partially fallen for it.

Forget about this woman and forget utterly about getting a mail order bride from Morocco. You would regret it.

And to add:

Odessy1977 - You asked "Is this something normal in Morocco please? Please advise me." - This means your knowledge of Morocco is very limited. While I'm certainly not an expert, nor pretend to be, it's not wise to get married in a country that one has little to no knowledge about. That's recipe for disaster right there! You're already heading on the wrong path, and things will only get worse. You wouldn't enter yourself for an exam on a subject you don't know anything about. You would do your homework first. So why would you make a life-time commitment in a country you don't know about, without the required preparations? Which is why many of these mixed-marriages have a very high-rate of failure. The reason is simple...Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. I honestly believe if people did their research, they would think twice before they book that ticket! Google is your friend. It will provide you with a much needed eye-opening look into the usual outcome of these types of marriages. Afterwards, believe me, your reaction would be one of - "Oh God, what the hell was I thinking?! What was I getting myself into?". Followed by a sense of relief!

You're from London. Moroccans are living all over this city. Ladbroke Grove, Maida Vale, Paddington, Hammersmith, all over Westminster and other parts of this city. I'm sure you've came across them. Why would none of them marry you at first sight? But some of them living abroad will? Do you think the ones living abroad are any different? They are not! The truth is, a lot of people based in the West, go to 3rd world countries, to get married, due to it being easy, and they are 'accepted' rather quickly. But it's easy for a bloody reason! Which they don't seem to realize. They should put two and two together, and really know better. No excuse in this day & age with the information available online. A simple google search reveals all you need to know.

Another thing is, one of the many reasons for the abysmal record of these types of marriages, is the different expectations. Many don't realize that they will be sponsoring their partner AND the family. It causes a lot of problems down the line. As they are expected to fulfill the many, and continuous (generally money) requests, from their partner and the family. This is not what they expected would happen. But it usually does. You're not only marrying them, but the family. As I said, fail to prepare, prepare to fail. You need to do your homework, ask yourself whether it's worth the risks, before embarking on such a life-changing experience.

Hi everyone!

As this discussion is at the start kind of tricky,  to prevent all further dispute I will have to close this topic.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Closed