When the Moon Hits Your "EYE" That's Amore: Best EYE-talian Food in EC

Let's start with pizza, that international favorite.

It didn't originate in Ecuador, but walking through some city sectors -- yes, I'm talking about YOU, Mariscal sector of Quito -- it might seem that it could have.

From hole-in-the-wall outlets to full-menu Italian restaurants, pizza has proliferated in this part of the capital.

For my first choice I'm going with Ch Farina, home of "La Pizza Italiana," which has 12 branches in Quito and 10 more as far south as Loja.  I've enjoyed their pies in Mariscal sector, El Recreo mall in south Quito and at another mall in north Quito.  It's consistently good.

My reasons include tasty toppings such as Spanish sausage...cheese that is not overly sweetened (extra-sweet seems to be how most Ecuadorians like their pizza), plus good side salads and plentiful seating.

Oddly, Ch Farina does not have a place in Cuenca, according to its listings at chfarina.com

So, this thread welcomes comments and recommendations from Cuenca's Italian food aficionados and from elsewhere in La Republica as well.

cccmedia in Quito

Wow, $20 or so for a medium pizza?  Is that price around average for all Quito pizza joints, or does only this place have "pie-in-the-sky" high prices?

OsageArcher wrote:

Wow, $20 or so for a medium pizza?  Is that price around average for all Quito pizza joints, or does only this place have "pie-in-the-sky" high prices?

Their so-called "mediana" that you priced is really large.

I ordered the size just below that last weekend for about ten dollars in Mariscal.  That seems to be the going rate in Quito these days for a standard pie.

If someone's on a tighter budget, he can order the $6.99 "individual" pie, or visit a hole-in-the-wall "tugurio" with lower prices due to lower overhead.

cccmedia in Quito

Is cuy an available topping?

The Largisimo wrote:

Is cuy an available topping?

Not at Ch Farina.  BYO ;)