Safety in Cuenca

Hi My name is Midori Nakahama. I am thinking to move to Cuenca from San Francisco area. I will be coming there within 2 weeks to see how it is. Do you think one week is enough time to see Cuenca?
My most concern is how safe the place is since I will live and move around by myself.
I appreciate if anyone could let me know how safe the place is.
I read that there is an expat meeting in Cuenca on Friday. When I get there I would like to attend the
meeting. I will announce my arriving day and leaving day. During that time if the expat meeting will be held, I would love to attend, so I get enough information to make my decision quick.
Midori

A week is hardly enough time to get to know the area, especially to appreciate the climate.
You know how hot it can get in Hiroshima in August, you will find Cuenca a pleasant change.

Hi Mugtech
Thank you so much for your response. I decided to move to other country last Saturday and on Sunday I found the buyer of my condo. I will be doing so many things as quick as possible. So I can get out USA ASAP. When I get there I will see the safety, people, air and water quality.
And food has to be good. Then I will be happy. Midori

Hi Mugtech

I never knew it takes 5 days for round trip to Cuenca. I totally agree with your suggestion.
I finally reserved the flights tonight. I will be leaving to Ecuado tomorrow afternoon.
I am looking forward to see how much culture shock I will get.
midoir2cats