Life in Kota Damansara

Hey everyone I'll be moving to Malaysia soon for Bachelor's in SEGI Kota Damansara and I wanted to ask how is it to live there as an international student or even as a local. What about expenses and is it far or hard to get to from KL centre. Activities to do there and places to go to to meet new people. Any nightlife there? Safety and overall of the city. Please share your experiences, would be much appreciated. Thank you. ;)

Its a typical newish suburb but has no mass transport yet, as they are still building the MRT rail link, so served only by buses. Transport will be a bit slow and its a good way from KLCC, but there are some upmarket shopping malls around it including one utama and sunway giza.

COL is about the same everywhere in Malaysia and you will need RM750 for groceries and eating out RM500-1k for accommodation, RM200 for transportation, and RM70-120 mobile phone per month. There is nightlife associated with most shopping malls, but it will not be a very international community, apart from other students.

"yawn" is my comment on KD

See dictionary for "boring traffic hell" and "crime wave" see Kota Damansara :)

Rents are very high as so many students - above rates are far too low. Cheapest apartment 1700 min even flat share is 1000 plus unless share a room.

Segi is also a very poor university - Sunway is far better. And life better there as well for students.