Need 5 day extension

My VEC's 3 month expires March 19. But I bought plane ticket to Canada March 23.

Should I just extend my VEC another 3 month or is there a cheaper option for a 5 day extension?

khanh44 wrote:

My VEC's 3 month expires March 19. But I bought plane ticket to Canada March 23.

Should I just extend my VEC another 3 month or is there a cheaper option for a 5 day extension?

Cheaper than $10, I thought you said you weren't a cheapo??? You're not coming back????  I only wanted a month on my VEC when I was supposed to be changing it to a TRC, they charged me for the full 90 days, I doubt very much now that you could change the VEC to anything else.

Lol I am a cheapo that's why I booked the cheapest earliest flight possible. But not a cheapo in recognising good services or spending on family and friends.

khanh44 It might be worth your time to take the airplane ticket and your PP down to Immergration and show the dates to them. If that fails I guess extending your VEC is probably the best way to go. Even though it's only 5 days you can never tell what they'll say or do at the Airport now days with the new rules in effect. A fine and an annotation in their  computer data base for sure at the least.

Rick

The annotation is what I was afraid of. Doesn't hurt to try another 3 months extension. I'm just going away for 3 months and will be back in Vietnam again.

I'll show them the itenerary too.

Bet you take a hit on that Canadian dollar too, It's brutal now and sinking as I write,