NOC FORMAT

I woudl like to know whether a letter from company mentioning their No Objection, signed by authorized signatory is considered as NOC or any specific format for NOC ?

Hi vishnusk,

What you have said would suffice.

Usually, these NOCs are bi-lingual letters - meaning with Arabic on the right-hand side and English on the left-hand side of an A4 sheet, with the Authroised signatories details provided below. Besides the above, a company seal is also required to make the document official.

Dear Sir,

I am almost complete with my 2 year Contract and my company wishes to transfer me to another office outside of Oman.  I would like to stay here in Oman.  Do I already have to have another job offer before I can request an NOC or can NOC's be generic, stating that they have no objection to me working for another sponsor?

If generic is ok, I will request one immediately, however someone told me that I need to already have another offer before requesting an NOC and now I'm confused.

Please advise.

jupper74 wrote:

Dear Sir,

I am almost complete with my 2 year Contract and my company wishes to transfer me to another office outside of Oman.  I would like to stay here in Oman.  Do I already have to have another job offer before I can request an NOC or can NOC's be generic, stating that they have no objection to me working for another sponsor?

If generic is ok, I will request one immediately, however someone told me that I need to already have another offer before requesting an NOC and now I'm confused.

Please advise.

Hi jupper74,

No, there is absolutely no need for you to be in possession of another job before requesting your previous employer for an NOC.

The issue is most employers would not give their employees an NOC because that means they would lose their labour clearance for that job - meaning the employer can never ever appoint another expatriate for that job and would be forced to fill in that position with only a local. And more often than not, no local would either be qualified or experienced in handling most of the white collar jobs which an expatriate is trained to handle.

Dear Sumitran,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Would my employer not still lose the expat Visa if they transferred me to an office outside Oman?  My Visa would still need to be cancelled on my exit.

Please advise, and many thanks for being so helpful on this forum.

jupper74 wrote:

Dear Sumitran,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Would my employer not still lose the expat Visa if they transferred me to an office outside Oman?  My Visa would still need to be cancelled on my exit.

Please advise, and many thanks for being so helpful on this forum.

Hi jupper74,

If an employee resigns on his own free will, the employer would not lose the job clearance. But if an employee gets the sack then the company would lose the job clearance. Same is the case with transfers within an organisation. Hope that clarifies your concerns.

I have  recently joined a company, less than a month, i have not signed any employment contract, and the labor card is not issued yet as well.
Now i need to change the job, and my employer is ready to give me the NOC.
Is it possible to change the job, what is the procedure for the same ?
Thanks

Hi everyone.,  any advice aboit noc!
My bharain  company will close there shop here in oman this april 30, and i am requesting for noc so i can apply a new job in other company. But the owner will not give me noc i finish my 1year already for my two year contract which end on 2018.. Any advice pls help i want to work here in oman.

Dear sir I am transferring from old sponsor to new I need release latter format

Noc