Moving to Algers

Hi Algerien members,

I am thinking of moving to Algeria .... and I have two questions:

Is an income of 70.000 DZD per month sufficient to be able to rent a reasonable place (at least 50 m2) and support myself?
Could I afford a car on this money?
How can I find an appartment to rent without furniture?  Adds here don't state any prices and I don't want a furnished appartment.

Hi Dear welcome on Board, and you are more than welcomed in Algeria the country of generousity, i am moved to Algiers after 15 Years in London, algeria in General and Algiers in particular has changed amazingly in the past 10 years
I run an advisory office in Algiers and most of my clients are expats, with 70.000 Algerian Dinars you can have a decent life we can find u a beautifull studio or 1 Bedroom flat between 25000 to 35000 max.and u can maintain yourself
In respect of having a car there is a renting sheme or buying a decent car on finance from haima or other decent Car dealer

PLease do not hesitate to contact me if you do require any further information

Best Regards

Thank you Sleham1,  I am now searching for the prices per month for electricity, water, gaz, telephone, internetconnection and prices of furniture, electrical equipment .............

How much would it cost for me to get my driving license?? I had a license for 30 years and let it expire (stupid me), because of bureaucracy I have to take exams again here in Greece.  I think I better do that in Algeria as well.

Hi Karina, take my skype and my email i will share all required information details
[email protected]
sleham1

:) done ....... much more convenient

Hapy day

:)

hhayyyy  great day salut je suis un jeune algérien de relizane j'ai un diplôme en langue française  ( langue et civilisation ) j'aimerais bien savoir s'il y avait un poste pour un enseignant de français merci , thank you    :):)

Salam mon frere je suis pas dans le domaine de recrutement je suis un bureau de conseille juridique
Salam

As this is an ENGLISH speaking forum could you please post in ENGLISH only. 
Thank you.

Hi There,
This is an expats forum and evreyone is welcomed and not evreyone speaks english i am afrais, i prefer if it was onll for english speaker

Thanks

Hello djaafar amine and sleham1,

Just as Stumpy pointed out in his post, this is the English speaking forum of Algiers and it is better if you could post your messages in English only. This will enable everyone else to understand you and interact with you as well.

You can also participate on the French speaking forum of Algiers ;)

I also invite you to have a look at the  ALGERIA FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT for more information.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

hi welcome to algeria, you can use ouedkniss website there you can find renting appartets and car

.www.ouedkniss.com

i work for british council of algeira if you need any help  you can ask me .peace.=).

Thank you Moutazz.  I had a look on ouedkniss website.  Great differences in prices and mainly appartments for sale.  Also, I do not see many pictures.  I guess that I should first come over there and take a week or two, have a look at the appartments offered and negotiate prices :)

Hi there,
Am Egyptian and am moving to algeria with my husband i wanted to know how can i rent a small appartement in alger ? What are the rent price range we can afford to pay 350 $ - 400$
I like to pay month by month not a year in advance is that available?

Hi Nadine and I Welcome to Algiers . I m new in the city but will try yo help you according to my short experience here .

1- advertised prices through papers and website are much higher then real prices . mostly they are undeclared brokers who are trying to earn some extra money while they are drinking their coffee .

2- Never go through agencies as they will just increase the price without bringing any added Value or facilities . try to contact owners directly and do to forget to negotiate ( guess that Egyptians are master in this  :D )

3- Never pay in money in advance , once you reach an agreement with owner . pay him in in front of public notary and get copy of your contract and his contact details .

4 - rent here is paid annually . in other words you need to pay the full year once in advance . however you can find some rental flats for short period but it will be bit higher then annual contract .

5- Budget of 400 USD is fair enough to get decent flat in good location . but first try to see your husband work place then you target the area according to that . never say you are coming from abroad say you have just changed the city and its not your first time in Algiers ( just as precaution mesure )

thats all in case you need more details , let me know and will try to help you . again welcome to Algiers .

Cheers ,

Malik

Thank u so much for the helpful detailed information , thanks alot