Wanted - Good Lawyer

Hi All,
I'm house hunting in Hurghada and looking for a good lawyer. I'm Europian married to an Egyptian man. Want to buy this property on my name so need to sort out divorce and inheritance laws. Only received conflicting information until now.
Thanks

If you have married in Egypt, national inheritance law will apply. It is rooted in Islamic law inheritance and cannot be changed. You cannot make pre=marital agreement. If the house is under your name, your husband will not have rights on it just because you divorce. In Islamic law one inherits only in case of death of the husband/wife. Divorce has no effect on personal properties.

So you have nothing to worry about.

Thank you Erikabrio.

So in the case of my husband dying first and us having 2 properties, one on each name, would I recieve 1/4 of the total wealth (we don't have children)

hi all

i want to tell more notes about the Egyptian's inheritance law :

-  the Egyptian's inheritance law  it is the law No 77 of 1943
- in this law in article No ( 6 ) that is forbidden the heritage between 2 persons have a different religion ... so the rule here in egypt that ... Muslims inherited from the Muslims &  non Muslims inherited from non Muslims ... no matter of the type of relationship between them .

- it could be the Muslims make will for non Muslims and vice versa but it shouldn't the will exceed more than on third of the total mount of heritage .

- the divorced woman ( irrevocable divorced  ) has no right in inheritance from her ex if he died .... but the divorced woman ( revocable divorced  ) has right in inheritance from her ex if he died in the ( ida ) period cos the marriage bond still continued till the end of this period .

there is more words i can say in this subject ... but anyway ... if anybody need more questions ... don't be hesitate to inbox me & ask for more

have nice time

So if I buy a property whiel married does this also become my husbands property?

No …. If u buy a property in Egypt in ur name only it s will be always in ur name all ur life & u can sell – rented it any time u need that …. No matter that u married or not …. Also If u buy a property in Egypt in ur both  names …. Ur quota in the property will be always in ur name all u life but I don't I advice u to buy a property in ur name & some else .. cos it make a legal  problems in the future .

About inheritance …. If u 2 in the same religion …if some 1 died from both u … the other 1 will be inherited from who s died ….. but if u 2 not in the same religion …. There is no inheritance between both of u by the law .

All that depend on that u follow the right procedures to buy a property here in Egypt … to be on ur name legally .