Cancelled bus reservatuion on Lien Hung Line

My friend visited Nha Trang for Tet, and had confirmed her bus reservations a full month in advance (Lien Hung bus lines). She had even called the morning of the return trip to re-confirm and was told 'no problem'. But at the start of her return trip, the company first allowed her on the bus. Then summoned her to the ticket office for some "information". The "information" was that they had a large party that needed her seat and they were changing her reservation to the next day... and while they were explaining this, the bus left (snuck out?) the station without her. The particular route she was taking (Nha Trang to Ca Mau) runs once a day. She had no option but to stay an extra day in this overcrowded vacation city. We don't know yet whether they will actually honor her "revised" ticket tomorrow.
But thus truly raises the question: why get a reservation if the company can cancel at the last moment?   
We urge all expats to avoid Lien Hung Bus at the risk of having your own reservation cancelled.

woodsdancer wrote:

My friend visited Nha Trang for Tet, and had confirmed her bus reservations a full month in advance (Lien Hung bus lines). She had even called the morning of the return trip to re-confirm and was told 'no problem'. But at the start of her return trip, the company first allowed her on the bus. Then summoned her to the ticket office for some "information". The "information" was that they had a large party that needed her seat and they were changing her reservation to the next day... and while they were explaining this, the bus left (snuck out?) the station without her. The particular route she was taking (Nha Trang to Ca Mau) runs once a day. She had no option but to stay an extra day in this overcrowded vacation city. We don't know yet whether they will actually honor her "revised" ticket tomorrow.
But thus truly raises the question: why get a reservation if the company can cancel at the last moment?   
We urge all expats to avoid Lien Hung Bus at the risk of having your own reservation cancelled.

My brother in law reserved a 29 seater bus 2 months in advance for the family trip to Chau Doc. Few days before the trip owner ask if we mind taking another bus since they need it. My brother in law said no way.

Yesterday 10 am bus owner says bus broke down. So they brought over another bus at 5 pm. My wife and I hopped on the bus sat down and got off. Leg at 90 degree bumping front seat and wife is pregnant. Her family is probably fuming but I told them in advance I'm not travelling 6 hours in a cramped bus of 32 people in a 29 seater. Originally 26 people were to go.

Guess this is normal for Vietnamese local as they all seemed happy waiting 7 hours for a downgraded bus at same price paid reserved contract in hand 2 months advance.

You should try and fly Jetstar , flights canceled all the time, ( usually due to seats not being filled ), it happened to me 3 times in one day In Da Nang, eventually I had to fly with VN airlines, ( who own 1/2 of Jetstar VN ), I had to purchase a more expensive ticket, right there and then, with only minutes left to board the plane, which was to meet my connecting flight to Aus in HCMC, then another connecting flight from Darwin to a remote mine site, all with minutes to spare at each connection..