Searching for English teaching volunteers in north-western Myanmar

Hi there,
I´m supporting a grassroots education initiative for poor kids in northwestern Myanmar and we´re looking for English teaching volunteers, especially for the months of March/April/May. That´s your opportunity to get out of Yangon and into the countryside! If you are interested, please contact me,
René

hii my friend is teacher in India and she is interested in English teaching as well as history and social science

Hi Rene:

I wish I could be part of that endeavor for the whole summer but may I know if you can possibly shoulder my flight expenses?

Hi and thanks for your interest!
To be honest, we´d be looking rather for foreigners who are already based in Myanmar. That´s because our grassroots initiative does for now not have sufficient funds to cover major expenses. Apart from the travel costs, the expenses here would include accommodation and food. We could probably cover the food.
all the best,
René

Hello René,

You can try posting an ad in the Job section > Volunteering in Myanmar

This can be a good start.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Thanks, I´ll do it!

Hi Rene
I could help. can you please contact me and explain more about this?

Hi and thanks, sounds promising! I´ll be in Yangon end of April and can give you more info; the basics are that a locally registered charity is planning to offer English language summer school, certainly in March and possibly March-May (2016). Native speakers are highly welcome. Its a great opportunity to delve into the local community here, make friends and support them. I guess any duration starting from a minimum of 1 week would be fine; longer is even better. For those who are interested but cannot come March-May, a number of local schools would love having native speakers giving classes almost any time throughout the year. I´m happy to answer any further question, all the best, René

Hi,
I am thinking about going to Myanmar to volunteer starting on the 1st of May 2015. I have not found anything until this post. Can you please provide me with some more information? Thanks!

Hi Rene
My name is Malcolm and I have just signed into the blog. You might see me come up as nipper22, that was an error on my part
As you will probably read, I am looking for an interesting English teaching position to start in August. Drop me a line if I might suit who you are looking for and we can exchange ideas. I am self funded as I imagine that is important.
Kind regards
Malcolm Baird

Hi Rene.
I have just read your post. Are you still interested in English teachers volunteers? I live in Australia and actually work in 5 star hotel industry. However, I wouldlove the opportunity to teach ennglish in the prescribed area.  I can do my own flights and accommodation. I was in Yangon November 2015 for 2 weeks and loved it. Itching for a return visit to beautiful Myanmar! Dianne

This is quite old now but do you still need volunteer teachers?

Thanks for the privilege, i am really interested to volunteer as an English teacher. Please, i would like to know the details of the job and how i can participate.
For further information about my competence, please contact my Email: ***
Thanks, your candid response will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

I'm interested in what you have to reveal since I have a few months of mostly free space to fill. I'm teaching at UNI's on a US project and visa'd with MOE. Lived in Myanmar since 2008.

Please get in touch.