Express Visa

My brother-in-law has got a job offer in a company He has been requested to join by end February. He has not been asked to send the medicals or attested certificates. Can he get the resident visa or express visa as he has not got anything till now. How many days process will it take to get the employment visa? Any knowledgeable person, please reply fast

Hi bmahesh_99,

In Oman, expatriate employees can be employed only if they hold a valid employment visa.

Working on any other visa is disallowed and if caught is a seriously punishable offence.

To get an employment visa, the candidate's company must have the required labour clearance.

To get the labour clearance, the company must meet many criteria set by the Ministry of Manpower.

If you want to know the details of all what I have mentioned, you must read about it under the topic 'Work' in the forum.

Thank you very much Sumitran for your quick and expert advice

However, I still want to ask you whether it is possible for the employers/sponsors to convert an express visa into an employment visa within 21 days

bmahesh_99 wrote:

However, I still want to ask you whether it is possible for the employers/sponsors to convert an express visa into an employment visa within 21 days

These kind of visa conversions were quite commonplace before. But not any more.

Thanks very much