Live and work in Tunisia, Sousse...

Hi,

I would like to receive information about the job opportunities here.

Depends on your skills. Fluent French is a must. Family or political connecttions help a lot. Mostly you could expect to be a consultant for something like "the oil and gas" industry.

My french is not fluent. Are there options while studying? My family connections are not my strength. I believe that everyone should rely on his/her own skills. You hire someone to work...What if you hire an idiot with perfect connections??? You can check my LinkedIn profile.

I've lived here for 3 years. I don't have to work so I don't. But I have observed the culture and it certainly does not include the Ten Commandments nor the U.S. Constitution. It's a whole different ballgame, a whole different way of seeing life. This is a "developing" country and has all the things that go with it. Skills, a good critical-thinking Western education and good morals have no place in the Middle-East. Except for the cheap living expenses I'd say go somewhere else, there really is no opportunity here unless you are well connected politically or have money to buy it. It's considered the normal way of doing business and everyone accepts it as normal "Life."

If you mean studying at a University here, it's still all about connections. If you go to the beach where I live, La Marsa, you'll see children playing together,mostly boys, and you might think: "Isn't that nice that they all here with their friends and having a good tim." Not. Even if there isa gaggle of them they are all related. Cousins upon cousins. There is no such thing as going next door and playing with a friend. It's all about the family compound, usually surrounded by a high wall.

you said you lived in tunis 3 years but i can say that you were there for 3 days, i see you dont know anything about this country, so dont give some stupid opinions... and by the way, Tunisia is not a middle eat country!!!! google it and you will learn more about it.

best regards

I have lived in Tunisia for many years and unfortunately have to agree with Tuniaboi's post, hits the nail on the head

Hello
My name is Sondes and I study in Sousse
i would like to recieve any job opportunities in Sousse, knowing that i will work and study in the same time
I'm looking forward

Hello Mamounach,

You're stil living in Bosnia ?