Montenegro Property Purchase

In 2006 we purchased a newly constructed apartment in Budva, last year we eventually obtained 'legal entitlement to the property'.

However we have been advised by our lawyer that the 'title deeds' cannot be register in our name as the builder has not paid his taxes etc with respect to the construction of the apartment complex.

As ten years have lapsed since we purchased the property and the builder has not paid the required fees within this period, it must be consider that he has not got the funds or the intensions to pay the debts.

We would advise that 100% of the purchase price has been paid to the builder via our lawyer.

Could anybody please advise if any action is open to us, to obtain formal registration of the property should the builder continue with their intensions not to pay his fees.

Regards,

James

Hi,
I can say that you can register your apartment, I am 90% sure. I will need to check all details. I have geodetic agency which does that job, and I did a lot of them, even in unfinished buildings. Only problem it that we are expecting new low which will forbid this. It is already finished in ministry and waiting to be approved by parliament, so there is no time to waste. You can send documents what you have to my email, and I will check options. First of all, parcel number....
cheers

Hey James
I think you should follow Nemanja's advice. He has a lot of experience and has helped other buyers  in tricky situations too.
You're in good hands,
Carine

Good morning

Thank you very much for your reply and comments.

I would advise since we made contact with your good self; our Lawyer whom we have been frequently in touch with, has advised us that he now believes that registartion will take place this week.

However, we have had similar promises in the past, which have not mateialised.

We wish to give him and the situation the benefit of the doubt and see if what he indicates transpires.

We will be in touch either way.

Thanks again for your comments and support.

Regards

James