Avoiding import VAT tax

I am ordering a package of drumsticks from the US. Is there a way I can have this packaged before it is sent to avoid VAT import tax?  How do they flag these items and assess it's value?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Chicken or Turkey?  :D

It will  depend on the customs label that the sender places on the goods.
If you can get them to place a low value on the item then they may not be subject to import or VAT.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-g … nto-Malta/

Terry

you will some times be asked for the purchase invoices not just a statement of value from the sender - theyve cottoned into that one..lol

Toon wrote:

you will some times be asked for the purchase invoices not just a statement of value from the sender - theyve cottoned into that one..lol

How much do turkey drumsticks cost in the USA?   :joking:

segwaysally wrote:

Is there a way I can have this packaged before it is sent to avoid VAT import tax? .

not without both you and the exporter breaking the law, unless you pre-pay the VAT which some companies are able to do (Amazon US for one)

tearnet wrote:
Toon wrote:

How much do turkey drumsticks cost in the USA?   :joking:

i have absolutely no idea but am thinking maybe these are drumsticks  ie sticks for drums - as in four candles  - handles for forks - four of.

Give them your VAT number.

The post you answered is from over a year ago, so probably a bit late!