Bahrain Residence/long term visa

Good evening, this is my first post!

Originally from Ireland and now living in London, I'm an entrepreneur and want to take a break from business. I'm well travelled and have been to many countries around the world.

I would like to know more information regarding obtaining a visa for long term residency (2-5 years) in Bahrain.

I'm basically looking to venture overseas for a few years (maybe 2-5) to experience a complete change and see where it takes me.

My plans are to rent a property and purchase after about 1 year. I am not 100% sure which country I will choose due to visa restrictions in some countries ect,,, I really enjoyed Bahrain and this place is definitely near the top of my list.

I will be posting some more topics regarding visa's for other countries as like I said I'm not 100% sure where I will choose.

If you have any positive or negative points for me regarding Bahrain please do let me know, especially if you have been/lived there yourself.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Expat.com, (and the other one I saw this post on  ;) )

Try the search bar and you can find a lot about buying vs. renting here and if it would be worth it for a short time.  I am fairly certain we had a talk to someone who was asking almost the identical question to this recently.

Annnnd found it.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=416867

I also found this after a quick search.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128165

If these don't answer your questions, people will be happy to fill in the blanks

You will only be allowed in on a visit visa which with a UK passport lasts 3 months and then can get renewed for 3 months at ministry. In order to stay as long as you want to, you will have to fly out every 6 months, get a job and be sponsored, buy a property or own a company run by a Bahrani sponsor.

Hi Ireland friend, in April, Bahrain is introducing a new and long term visas for self employed.i ll update the atticle upon this issue here once it's launched officially

Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know how long the whole process is of obtaining the permit ?

I would either purchase a property or register self employed, if this is currently an option as mentioned here ?

Thanks.