Renting a flat near Rainbow Street

Hello folks!

Need to get some advise regarding renting a 1 or 2 bedroom flat near the British Council,Rainbow Street,Jabal Amman. My budget is 500 JOD. Questions:

Do I have to pay the deposit for a year?
What are the legal formalities?
Is 500 JOD enough for a small flat? Utilities like the internet,water etc?

Thanks in advance,friends!

hi,
if you plane to stay here for one your sign the contract for one year... then you can pay annually or every 6 months or every 3 months

There is a slandered contract in Jordan.... just you have to sign it
500 JD it enough to get a big flat

Any question? Don't hesitate to ask, kindly I help you and others…

my 3 rooms 2 bath fully furnished apartment in khalda tlaa ali
v nice unit only 450 jd

You are a member for a long time and as long as  I can remember,  you've been several times told to post in the housing section if you have offers.

The forum is not designed for these kind of posts.

yes davidoluv... Primadonna is fully right!

500 is more than enough for such small apartment, so don't worry you can find nice one within the budget ...and no you dont have to pay 1 year in advance ...most common rent in Jordan is monthly or every 3 months :)

Good Luck !!

Hello

I think 500 per month is too much
I believe you may find flat at the rate 300 JD per month or maybe less

There are some legal formalities such as you have to sign a lease contract

But please make sure that the contract in English and do not sign anything in Arabic only

U have to get a copy of the contract and make sure that the leaser is the owner of apartment.

You do not have to pay one year in advance. Mostly you will pay three months in advance but make sure you will get a receipt for any payment you do.

:)

Also for you Gina you can place your offer in the appropriate place which is the housing section in the green banner above the page.

I must say that your electricity and water bills are more expensive then what I have to pay for.
For a family of five I pay electricity around 15 dinar (in the winter a bit more) a month and water 4.5 dinar for three months.

If the water bill is up to 30JD for such an apartment and one person then there is definitely something wrong unless you have a swimming pool and fill it every day. When I used to live in the capital it was less than 6JD every three months. Consumption normal like every day showers, washing machine, kitchen stuff etc... Now I pay up to 25 and am shocked. I was told its because of one water hour for 5 Apartments. They just split the costs put the consumption has not become more and I was not happy with this. Next time I will definitely rent only with own water hour cos this is redicilous. I paid electricity up to 4 JD, now between 6 and 8 for two people.

Just i want to add, it depends on Consumption, whether big family or single person, but what ghina mentioned is very high costs for a normal flat. She should, as Primadonna said:

Also for you Gina you can place your offer in the appropriate place which is the housing section in the green banner above the page.

still available?