Teaching at an International school in Dar es Salaam

Hello,

Teaching at an international school with a salary of $2000USD / month. Just wondering if this is a good salary or not. This includes my housing allowance and I get a return airfare back to my country after two year contract.

Just wondering is this the average for most international schools in Dar?

Any advise would be of help.

How much could one save with that salary living in dar and enjoying life everyday as a single person still?

Thanks

Hello ajes

While waiting for members to give you some feedback on salary there, I invite you to browse through the Cost of Living in Dar Es Salaam section so as to be able to compare your salary there.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Ajes,

to be honest, I don´t know from which country are you residing , but for a quick tip try to compare from what you get  then additional extra (fare ticket To and From/ extra residential cost/ Insurance/ Transport  and if you have family possible children fee). Sorry I don´t know which qualification do you have, but make sure that you have all necessity on top.
If you  are single might be somehow different. If you are coming from Europe what I know teachers from Primary schools  to Universities. colleges  are earning very good packages.  For my opinion 2000 dollars? Try to handle with your new employer.

Good luck.

Esther-Rakhel

Dear Ajes,

Congrats on your new Job offer!

- US$ 2000  inclusive of accommodation + Medical + Other benefits is a decent salary for a bachelor, This is the standard salary in all international schools, unless you have exceptional qualifications & skills. For couples add another  US$400. What about local salary??. Usually there will a local salary component , which once again you need to  not bargain with your employers.

2 years return to home country is harsh & you need to bargain it for  every year at their cost.

People are very warm and friendly but you need to take your own safety precautions.

Hope this helps,

Good luck,
RB Nagaraj