Vacation in Malaysia

Hi, who can recommend beautiful beaches in Malaysia? I have read life is not expensive there, beaches according to pictures very nice. Anybody been there, who can tell? I have left a post at the forum some time ago, but no responses so far..

Hi JO/EU

best way is to click on destinations then Malaysia and to post your questions where expats who live there will respond and give you all info you want.

Thanks MysteriousM, but as mentioned no responses so far and I left a post maybe a month ago..

well somehow i agree because things is very slow and strange there

i'm dealing with a company there and everything is slow, maybe you need to find a good active expat to send a private msg.

i'm planning to go but guess this gonna take some time because i just came back from a Caribbean island.

i already made a search and its safe and nice place to live in case i'll have an offer to move there so you should check more, this trip worth the efforts :)

Thanks, I have just checked my post and its from the 26th of November  :/
True, very beautiful place. I was actually planning a 2Months stay, unfortunately the island I had in mind is closed till March. On this occasion, is it less expensive to book here or there? Any experience?

well your best choice is by searching in lonelyplanet.com/

there you can find everything you need to know about booking and more info and details about where you gonna book and plan your trip especially for a low budget trip, hotels is the most expensive part of your trip so why not to look for good hostels.

i used LonelyPlanet guide in Dominican and its really good

i have some more links but need to check first

Thanks

Hello JO/EU,

Your topic is now on the Malaysia forum. Members living here could try to help you.

Thank you.

The only good beaches in Malaysia are on the islands off the east coast, e.g. Perhentian, Redang; Tioman; etc. and off the west coast of Sabah (the east coast is dangerous now). They are expensive though and only open from about March to September because of the monsoon season. Some people like Langkawi, but if you want good beaches and weather at this time of year, you need to go to Thailand. But even there, since the military took over all the beach bars and loungers have been removed from the beaches, so there is no ambiance or social functioning.

This link may be helpful:
Malaysian Islands

Thanks a lot

I tried to get an impression from a visitor's point of view. Have u been to any of these beaches? If yes, how was your experience? Thanks