Thinking of moving to Thailand

Hi There
Visited Ao Nang recently and love the area that I am thinking about moving there, do you know any condos for sale in the area. Currently living in China (for the past 10 years) and tired of it, can't compare Chinese to Thais, if you have any advise please feel free to share, I was considering Phuket as well but couldn't make it there, how would you compare Phuket and Ao Nang, I am 61 years old not looking for a busy night life, more a lay back, looking forward your input

Thanks
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Thailand forum in order to give it much more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Manuel,

I am a Filipino Expatriate in Thailand. I been to Ao Nang Krabi, gone island hopping there. It sure is a great place. My family and I have also gone to Phuket on several occassions. It is a great city full of activities, shopping malls, foreigners, and bars. I say Phuket is totally a ver busy place. If you like a more relax, lay back environment, may I suggest Hatyai, Songkhla. Well particularly Songkhla. It is definitely relax. To give you an idea you might find this helpful HATYAI SONGKHLA

Mitchelle

I am from India. Going to Thailand next month. Want to know if I can drive car in Thailand on my indian driving licence or I should have international driving licence?

vee kaykay wrote:

I am from India. Going to Thailand next month. Want to know if I can drive car in Thailand on my indian driving licence or I should have international driving licence?

Only international driving licence, and normally up to 3 months or many insurance policies may be no more valid and you will be at risk in case of accident.

Then you will have to go for a Thai driving licence, a temporary one valid  for 1 year, then after it will be another one valid for 5 years, if the law does not change...

Thanks dear